World PvP Feedback/Bugs

I plan to keep testing the battlegrounds and world PvP. I was wondering if any of the below was addressed for beta 4 or if you plan to work on this for beta 5?

Safe Zones

• If you die by a mob in a safe zone you should not drop your bag. i.e. Tressus would kill players and someone could pick up your loot and have no way of getting it back.
  • There were multiple people running to HS to turn PvP on to go to the defend the gate event to get the xp and going back into HS to turn it off. They never left the safe zone. I think either that event near HS should not give the PvP bonus or the safe zone needs to be shortened. I think the best solution would be if you turn PvP on, you canā€™t turn it off for 12 hours.
  • Some safe zones were bugged. The safe zone where the other event in HS where you have to throw the stones in the portal safe zone was only near the rock. The safe zone perimeters seem to be way off.
  • If you are in combat and run into a safe zone, you should still be able to kill each other. This worked some of the time. Iā€™m not sure what the intended action is suppose to be. Could you let me know what is supposed to happen?
  • When you leave a safe zone, there needs to be a pop up saying ā€œLeaving safe zoneā€
  • PvP players should be able to trade with other PvP players in safe zones

World PvP

• If you die or get killed by another player in a faraway zone and arenā€™t able to find and kill the player that killed you. You are basically stuck in that zone as you have no reagents and canā€™t use teleporter to get back home or trade with anyone.
  • A few changes I think would help:
    -make the home teleporter a 60 second cast with no movement. Another option would be to make it so you are allowed to use the teleporter in safe zones.
    -Allow pvp players to trade with each other in safe zones. Right now to trade, we just graveyard/kill each other.
  • When in the city of HS, a PvP player cannot trade with a non PvP player. The PvP player has to disable to be able to trade. There is really no reason why they canā€™t trade in the city. Please make it so all players can trade with each other in Highsteppe city.
  • I harvested some nodes and never got any extra harvestables from having PvP turned on. Was this enabled in this beta? Instead of giving extra havestables for players that have PvP turned on, I think it makes more sense to have extra nodes that only players with PvP turned on can see and get. As it stands right now, a non pvp player can grab the node and there is nothing the pvp player can do about it.
  • I think the dev team is aware of this bug, but Iā€™ll say it just in case. If you do a mission with pvp turned off and go back to town and turn your pvp on, you can turn in the quest and get the pvp bonus of 10%
  • For the danger out there in the real world, I think the pvp xp bonus for killing monsters should be much higher. There is a lot of risk farming mobs with PvP turned on, as it is pretty easy for someone to kill you.
  • When a pvp player logs out, they should have to remain still. As it is right now, I can hit the log out button and run away from whoever is chasing me.
  • The wall fix really wonā€™t fix the problem of people hiding in walls. It actually makes it worse. Now you can hide in the wall and no one can see you if they pop your head in. There needs to be a fix where it pushes you out if you try to go into a wall.
3 Likes

for the wall problem it would make sense that you only get pushed out if you are in the wall for a certain amount of time, say 10 seconds or so, so that if u by accidently go into a wall u can leave it quickly and not get pushed about, but if u are attempting to hide u will only be not visible for 10 seconds or so, making it pretty much a waste of time

also i am kind of fine with the in wall barrier not to be applied to big bushes, as long as they are not solid and have trees like the leaves, so that it can be a funny thing to hide in bushes

10 seconds is to long, otherwise you could keep jumping in the wall every time you get pushed out. It needs to be a hard barrier, where you can just not enter. This will also help for PvE as people wonā€™t be able to exploit making adds reset by jumping in a wall.

2 Likes

I completely agree, you need to be pushed back before you even get all the way inside, when the screen went dark as you went inside a wall you could still easily teleport through

I moved this into its own topic because itā€™s quite a bit of feedback specific to one thing and less about the Patch Notes.

We are still playing around with the sizing and positions of the safe zones but they are definitely not final.

The safe zone checks to see if you are in it every like 5 or 10 seconds, so if you ran into it itā€™s possible that you could still be attacked for a short period of time, but itā€™s not intended that you can continue fights in them, no. We are working on adding a notification to let you know when you leave the safe zone.

The extra harvestables were not enabled in the previous tests (Iā€™m pretty sure there was a note about this). But in the current build if you harvest it with World PvP on you will get two of them. The extra nodes instead idea is interesting, weā€™ll talk that over.

On the wall stuff, we made some changes to how it works this time around (you canā€™t get as close to them naturally), and likely we will try and put some kind of ā€œpush outā€ effect in the future.

3 Likes

Thanks, I will test the nodes, safe zones, and the wall stuff and report back.

I thought it was supposed to be a 10-15% increase? This is double the amount of harvestables which is pretty damn overpowered

10% XP bonus and an extra node when harvesting has always been the plan; obviously like anything weā€™re open to feedback on it, but yeah I mean this is what was announced previously. We may end up changing it to just be like a chance to get an extra harvestable or something like that, but right now we are just making sure itā€™s working.

Nice, double resources sounds a good way to encourage people to enable PvP!
If it gets down to a chance i hope itā€™s not less than 50%.

1 Like

Overpowered? You have to remember, you have to get back safely with it and the way it is currently set up, you have to find a node which hasnā€™t already been harvested by a PvE player. Think risk vs reward.

2 Likes

I find it pretty frustrating that those of us who are solely interested in PvE keep getting forced into PvP in this game to min/max our characters for PvE. Many other MMOs have different servers for PvP and PvE. The populations on the PvP servers are generally far lower because the majority of players prefer PvE. I understand that the few players in this game who love PvP want huge incentives for PvP so others who are not interested in playing against them are coerced into it. I donā€™t think the majority in this game should be coerced to play in a way they donā€™t enjoy just to give the minority of players someone to play against.

1 Like

The philosophy of the game from the beginning has always been that we wanted a competition for resources to exist in the gameā€™s economy via PvP. Thatā€™s why we had Wilds zones in the first place, where there were some ingredients that could only be acquired there and nowhere else in the world.

We are obviously backing off that position to some degree in the design of Reborn, but the additional resource harvesting bonus for World PvP enabled players is a nod to that same philosophy.

I am not saying that where it is now is where it will definitely end up balance-wise, but at the same time Iā€™m not really sure that I would call the incentives at this point ā€œhugeā€ or to the point that it is coercive. Of course weā€™ll continue to monitor that and see how the community reacts.

3 Likes

Iā€™m confused why you feel forced to do PvP? The devs are just listening to the feedback. A lot of the PvEā€™ers complained about the wilds and said they would be ok with getting less resources for taking less risk as long as they have access to all the resources that the PvP folks have. Now PvEā€™ers have access to everything with no risk which is a pretty good deal. It all comes does to risk vs reward, so Iā€™m not sure why you feel that way.

1 Like

yeah I mean giving double the amount of resources to a player because they are PvP enthusiasts is not really cool for PvE oriented playersā€¦ actually quite demotivating. If it was 1 extra node for every 10 then that would be acceptable i think.

Youā€™re only thinking about the reward and totally ignoring the risk part. Letā€™s say i go gather a bunch of resources, cool i got 50 resources instead of 25 and am going back to the town but wait, someone just killed me and iā€™ve got 0 resources instead of 25!

Yeah so by following the example i just made, i would risk to lose 25 resources just to have 2 moreā€¦?

1 Like

I get that as a PvPer you want some rewardā€¦ But doubling the ā€˜progressā€™ on gainable materials which can affect PvE content drastically because a player wishes to PvP is not acceptable. Yes, riley will have to find a way to reward PvPers which is not just a massive overlap with PvE. Maybe transmogsā€¦ maybe tokens that you get from killing whilst in PvP mode which get you something which does not so directly overlap with PvE content.

Did you even read my post?

How is this doubling my progress?

Quite broken, Players with Wpvp enabled of course should get some advantage for riskings items however a 100% extra yield is differently not the way to go about it. 20% chance seems reasonable.

And what about about the 25 : 0 you got from killing another player? That is assuming mr PvEr has the same PvP experience and bloodlust that you might.

Giving all the best equipment to people because they are PVE enthusiasts doesnā€™t seem very fair to PVP oriented players either. At least indicates some space exists for PVP players.