Yet again about the drop rate

ok so i have been guaranteed by everyone multiple times that the luck system works. IT DOESN’T. NOT IN THE LEAST. and it is really messing up the game for some of us i mean at 1% drop rate i know people who kill a boss like 30 times and get 7 pets however i have around 225 kills between boss 4 and 5 on normal hard and expert raids and have zero pet as the pets here are limited issue and not in reborn do i seriously have to go into reborn without these pets on account of the luck system not working in raids. guarantee would infer that if it didn’t work you would give me a pet thats what guarantee means soooooooo it doesn’t work i would just like to know how to claim my pet.

There is a token system, which allows you to trade tokens for the pet, however it requires a very large number of tokens (I’ll personally never have enough). You can also down-grade hard-mode tokens to normal-mode in a 1:1 ratio (visit the vendors).

Here’s a link to the post Riley described the luck mechanism in - basically, luck doesn’t make a drastic difference to drop rates. A problem with luck

2 Likes

Luck does work, its just BS on how it works as far as I remember luck is so insignificant that there is virtually no increase in drops, luck increases drops by 1%, seems like a lot when you can have around 150 however luck does not work in this specific way, luck will increase the drop rate by 1% OF the drop rate, so if you have a 1% drop rate 1 point of luck should increase the drop rate by 1% of 1% or the drop rate should increase by 0.0001% for every point of luck, now lets be generous and say that we have an item with a 50% drop chance. Alright well we take 1% of 50% and get a luck increase of 0.005% Even with these numbers let us be generous and say you somehow got 1000 points of luck. The luck rate for the 1% pet drop increases to a staggering 1.1% drop chance. Uh alright what about our 50% drop chance item, it now increases to 55%, better but still insignificant. Again I could be wrong on how luck works but I believe this is what was said by a dev at some point.

I don’t remember where I heard everything I said however the point is that even with maximum luck its still BS, a 1% increasing to a maximum of 1.25% and therefore BS.

Your math is wrong. 1% of 50% is 0.5%.

ok maybe i shouldn’t single out luck (but with over 500 raid kills and i don’t have the drops and tokens to get everything) and just the raid but my guild has had multple times where we kill all 15 raid bosses in one go you figure that with a 10% drop rate that everyone would get at least one drop with about 10 or 12 drops in all. maybe one time that happened but generally we have all seen people kill 100 raid bosses and get shit for it while some dude runs his first raid and gets 3 drops some people killed boss 4 and 5 like 25 times and have lots of pets some people killed them well over 100 times and get nothing for it. at this point like i stated i have over 200 boss kills on boss 4 and 5 between all 3 raids and no pet we all know the drop system DOESN"T WORK the devs know it doesn’t work thats y there is no luck in reborn, why fix it if it wasn’t broken. well it is broken and i was guaranteed it wasn’t. i don’t have 150 raid tokens to get both pets cuz i had to use my tokens to get armor cuz apperentlythe drop system is broken as all hell. i mean i think its a little BS i get screwed out of these pets that arn’t gonna be dropped in reborn just because the luck system is based on luck like real luck and not math like it is suppose to be. i mean over 500 boss kills and the equipment i got won’t be in reborn so basicly i did over 500 raid bosses and get NOTHING to show for it. WELL I WAS PROMISED SO AGAIN HOW DO I CLAIM MY PET!

0.5 is 50%… 0.5 is 50% of 1 which in this case would be considered 100% you take 1% of 0.5 which is 0.005. This does assume we use a 0 to 1 scale for 0% to 100% respectively. Putting 1% into a calculator by itself comes out to 0.01. Putting 50% into a calculator by itself gives 0.5. Multiplying these numbers would give us 1% of 50% or 0.005. Keep in mind that 1% of 1 would be 0.01. Therefore it makes mathematical sense that if we were to take 1% of 50% it would be like taking 0.5% of 100%. 1% of 1 being 0.01 if we were to divide by 2 or split the 0.01 into half it would be 0.005. You need to convert the percentage to a number to get a correct answer.

For instance for a 1% drop it would be 1% of 1%, or 0.01 multiplied by 0.01 or 0.0001

Not sure what means it doesn’t work but I think raid droprates combined with lockouts are simply too low, for pets and gear alike.
If a rate is 1% then it drops one time in 100, in average, meaning there can well be 2-3 in 100, but it’s also not unlikely that you get none in 200 or 300 as well.
Which would be fine if we were allowed to get 30-ish kills per week like with shards, but neither time nor the lockout system allows that, without tricks it is 1 per week, normally!

Yes, there are tokens, but with gear drop rates ALSO extremly low - and randomized, thx for the 2 same crappy ranger helmets, after weeks of waiting for any, any drop this was my personal bottom point of the game… - one would have to decide to save all up for the pet or help the raid with gearing up. I raided almost every single week since raids came out, that is months of playing and now that gear is worthless I can gear up my main with remaining tokens for transmog, and that was it.

It has been brought up many times that it absolutely sucks to end a raid evening with empty hands, week after week after week.
It is hard enough to find 10 people for a raid in EU timezones and all these additional restrictions were pretty unnecessary imo.

1 Like

Luck is inconsistent and unfair. a Lucky player can get the pet drop after 1 raid and an unlucky player can do 300 raids without a pet drop.

So my suggestion to counter this would be add an guarantee to the drop. so ifs its 1% after 100 raids you get the pet.

its still extremely slow and can be overcome with saving all your tokens to get it sooner but seeing as the tokens can go towards much more useful gear, it seems not worth it to save them. if your unlucky enough to have no pet your probably struggling for gear drops too.

RNG is RNG, but please do not muddle math by describing it incorrectly.
I do have 300+kills on the petdroppers and just one hard mode pet dropped.
Annoying? Yes.
Wrong? Not really. Average would 1/100, so 3, but it’s no different from casting a normal dice 18 times and just getting one 6. It’s not that strange, and not even a extream value.

It’s just bad luck.

Now I wish those luck-rings and hundreds of luck potions I chugged improved that, but it just improves my odds with a tiny bit :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.