A few ideas to fix rune mage game play

The following are a few ideas I had after playing alot of rune mage and I mean ALOT of rune mage.

The rune mages DPS potential is incredibly high and my ideas won’t retract from that instead my ideas will make playing rune mage alittle more intuitive. Players can use the features I’m about to suggest or ignore them as they please.

First suggestion: I’ll call this spell charges. When a player casts a spell perfectly they can get several casts of the spell that they can execute in intervals of 1 for every 2/3rds of a second or they can just recast and fire the spell instantly like normal

Second suggestion: I’ll call this spell prep. When a player casts a spell the spell is qued up for casting like normal but they can go to cast another spell and fill a que of several spells and fire the spells in the same order they where qued up in at 2/3rds of a second intervals. They can store up to Thier rune mage level of spells plus what ever bonuses equipment might offer.

Last suggestion: make a spell that the player can make a coustom rune for. It doesn’t have to be a strong spell eather just something like a magic missile or what ever. No special effect just magic damege. It would give the player a reliable spell that they know they can cast when things go wrong or are haveing issues casting other spells.

That’s all just thought I’d share my thoughts on rune mages… thank you for reading.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.