Add Noticeboards in Guild and fellowship halls

Ingame noticeboards (Pinboards)

About: The addition of 2 noticeboards in the guild hall and 1 in each fellowship.

The 1. noticeboard in Guild hall:

1. To recruit new members for fellowships.
  2. To announce player made events.
  3. To advertise your services.
  4. To inform you about the pricing of a specific player stall

The 2. noticeboard in Guild hall:
(This pinboard is exclusively for the developers)

1. To announce official events.
  2. To give informations about something.

The noticeboard in fellowship halls:

1. To place jobs/quest which players could do for dram(the currency).
    For example those jobs/quests could be to collect specific items or to hire a mage to open a portal at a specific time or to hire a warrior to fight with you in the wilds or (to hire an assassin to kill a specific player)

———————————————————

I’m sorry if what I’m doing is considered as spam. I just have all those thoughts and I didn’t find a topic where I could give this idea.

5 Likes

A small poll for a quick opinion. So what do you think about this idea?

• Yes, I like the idea.
    • I like the idea but it has to be tweaked a bit.
    • No, I don’t like the idea. There’s no need for that.

0 voters

A lot of people pressed on the option, which talks about adjustments. Can anyone please give me ideas on how it can be adjusted? Oh, I’d like to get a little bit more feedback.

I voted that way simply because it was a middle ground. It could be neat, but it’s not entirely necessary, and if it never came to be, I’d be alright with that. If it ends up being implemented, cool beans.

I think that there needs to be much more development inside the guild hall for sure, such as adding necessities (crafting stations, guild chests for easy resource sharing, overall just things to make entering worth while for everyone in the fellowship rather than just leaders).

Noticeboards would either be heavily used by a fellowship or not used at all because of external programs allowing communication and announcements without having to log into the game.

P.S. I kinda feel like I’m crapping on all your ideas, and I genuinely don’t mean to xD It’s just my honest opinion, and sometimes I’m a bit too straightforward.

It’s ok. I’m not upset or anything. Most of my other ideas do seem unnecessary.
I know that this one seems unnecessary too but you can look at this from a different perspective.
Whenever I think about this game I think about what it can be. I think of it as a second place where you can role play and this idea helps the immersion. As someone who enjoys role play and anime’s like fairy tail this just makes the game way more enjoyable. I know that with forums you can get the information without having to turn on the game but when your in the game and your not sure about an event, taking of your vr headset etc can break the whole immersion.
Just image being Ingame playing with your friends and you go to your fellowship hall with them to look at some of the job/quests offerings. Or imagine going to the guild hall to promote your services as a a blacksmith or going to the guild hall to look at the prices of the stalls.

When your not in the game, having to go in the game seem like a real burden but when your Ingame it can be really handy.
Maybe in the future the guild hall will be used more as a gathering spot because that’s where you get the newest information first.

I’m all for quest boards. Especially ones that players can post. Be it teleportation services, collection services, mercenary work, etc.

• You go to the board
  • Select a service you require
  • Pay the custom fee
  • It becomes a custom quest/contract that pings the poster
  • Upon service completion, questgiver is paid the fee and a modest chunk of experience based on level

This would help break up the monotony of go-here-grind-this-powerlevel-be-bored and help other players out. This could lead to interesting faction/guild quest business models. “Soandso guild does great bodyguard work!” “Wow! Thisandthat fellowship is super fast at the collect ask. And cheap!”

So on and so forth. It gives the players a chance to flesh out the world in a way. Create a narrative.

3 Likes

Before I read this post I was literally thinking the exact same thing! Having quest boards in the various fellowships would be a great way to make the game more immersive and enjoyable while giving the players more content. One of my personal favorite ideas to add would be seasonal quests (with varying difficulty) that you could only participate in by accepting them at a fellowship during the given season.

One of the best parts about this is you could have a combination of built-in quests and player requested quests, making it so there was always a variety of content and an ability to earn more dram. Obviously, there would be people who would try to abuse the system by posting quests with a high difficulty with little reward, making them heavily profit off of other players work, but that would be part of the fun. You only accept quests that are worth your time, and quests that aren’t accepted within x number of days would be removed from the board.

I’ll probably end up making a more detailed post about all this later on in the development (probably when the devs aren’t working themselves as much), but I’m glad to see other players have similar ideas. Hope to see you at the brawl Wednesday(:smile:

1 Like

I totally see it the same way. There would always be quests available for players. Just the setting with the soulbound items have to be tweaked. Also the developers would not be so stressed about making quests for players who already completed the quests from the dev.

Yeah, that as well. Guilds would be more enjoyable and the social aspects get expanded with it. Oh, we players would have more independency and more room for creativity. @Riley_D

2 Likes

Oooh, this sounds awesome!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.