Addressing shaman bugs

Will it still reset if the totem is midair?

Then the short term fix isn’t really going to fix anything

The short term fix mentioned will address the new issue of force spawning when totems are midair as mentioned by Mathieu a few days ago.

If youre going back and re-writing the grab/throw for the shaman PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure that players have the option to swap between trigger or grip as the main function button.

2 Likes

This seems really silly to me. Do you often throw things with your index finger?

I think it’s more that the vive controller grips are a pain to press

1 Like

It most certainly is. The most striking change when I got my index controllers was how much better it felt to grab my arrows, orbs, ect. Way less wear and tear on my hands.

Have been Shamaning a good amount this week and would like to say I have had the totems always come back. Even though it looked like (not sure) sometimes a totem took longer to respawn then normally. So this brute fix at-least seems to have fixed that. (Orbs are still annoying enough to not respawn often depending on the situation.)

The fix for shaman totems respawning mid-throw or from hand should be in for the next patch as well.

2 Likes

Wondering if anyone is still experiencing issues after patches? Most of my issues have gone away for the most part but not sure if I’m a minority.

1 Like

Totems no longer reset back to belt while holding/throwing them, which is great. I haven’t had any totems not respawn on my belt which is great. But I have still had orbs not spawn on a thrown totem. Doesn’t seem to happen as often, but it does happen

Good to know that used to be my main issue but I haven’t had it happen since patch.

Orbs still breaking. In a dungeon I dropped 3 totems and had 0 orbs spawn so I had to wait for the totems to respawn before I could do anything.
At least the totems respawn everytime now.

When this happens again can you send us your output log (unless you are playing on quest), and well keep looking into the orbs not re-spawning.

Is the general feelings that the totems re-spawning is fixed and the issue is the orbs not re-spawning still? Does the orbs not re-spawning seem less frequent now for anyone?

Just want to check if you guys ever received my output logs + videos of two weeks ago? Had no confirmation on any of it… (June 30th)

PS: Parintachin is a quest user so he can’t.

I play on a Quest unfortunately as Scott mentioned (cheers)
Totems seem to be respawning fine. I haven’t had any issues with them not reappearing.
Correct, the orbs still have instances of not spawning/respawning. It seemed more frequent last patch than ever before, but seems to be less frequent on the current one, though I do have relatively limited experience (i.e. play time) this patch thus far.

Yeah I got your logs and checked them thank you, Scott. They didn’t reveal anything in particular that would lead us to the issue(s) unfortunately.
We do plan on revisiting this issue again soon but it’s good to hear the totems seem to be good now at least.

Just had stun totem not respawn while in a cave in overworld. First time it’s happened this patch. Wish I could send logs.

Thanks for the update, glad its happening less often though. We still have it slated to work on more along with the orb issue

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.