All crowd control should work in PvP

As a mage I cannot polymorph other players and I am willing to bet other things like knockback do not work either (I have yet to land one on someone). Is there a reason why this has been purposely disabled or left unimplemented, or is it already planned for a future release?

1 Like

Riley has mentioned this before, primarily that VR players can still move in their space, which would move their model even when stunned, and disconnecting that movement with CC in-game has its own set of problems.

Chickens are evil, no one attacks them if they can avoid it… I’d absolutely polymorph myself just to wander around :smiling_imp::chicken:
:rofl:

4 Likes

@Daeresha I would totally do chicken RP with you. Clucking around Taella-Oso and confusing the crap out of people!

2 Likes

I have no problem with people still moving around in their place space, CC should affect the player’s controls, not the human playing the game. A good compromise would be to limit/disable their ability to teleport or freemove via the controller. As for knockback, it should still knock the player away. I don’t understand why having a play-space is a gating factor to such an implementation… the only thing that comes to mind is forcefully moving the player may cause them nausea, but that’s the nature of PvP, is it not?

For example, there is already a mob in the wilds that effectively roots you; why can players not do this to others?

Root: Disable player movement schemes
Stun: “Root” the player and disable player hands
Knockback: Translate the player to the new location over a very short time
Polymorph: Reduce player eye height, transform their model to a chicken, and impose a "Stun"
etc…

Agreed. Basically the same thing that being a ghost is when dead.

this has been talked about alot before, and the devs will make a hard decision on it when they do the PVP balancing, but as i have said before even 1 second of not being able to dodge is enough to insta kill someone, if not bring them to nearly nothing and a tap will finish it

@Czech_E mage ulted me and it was a one-shot. Can confirm, CC would ruin PvP in its current state.

even without a ult it would be crazy, frost bolt and icelance 1 shot, and a charged poison during a cc will very nearly one shot

that said these one shot abilitys may be changed so that they dont insta gib people, or there are ways to counter added, etc etc. this is just my view from how things are now

I’m not concerned about PvP balancing until the PvE content is fleshed out. I’m waiting patiently. PvP will get its turn.

Always happy to hear feedback from the community, but as people have mentioned above, we haven’t really balanced any of the PVP really yet. We’ll definitely think about the role different skills and spells should have in it when we do.

1 Like

The mage that ulted you was me. You attacked first, so you kinda deserved it… Besides, you dodged my projectiles (which are the only way I could possibly CC you). Also, you were a squishy target, so it makes sense that my only trump card should have more or less one-shot you. It’s not like I can ult more than once in a fight…

In any event, I still think that CC should work in PvP. Tanks have virtually no chance of killing other players at the moment because they cannot land successive hits to create their combos. If a tank attacks me I can effectively dance away from them with the occasional frostbolt. Muskets will almost never lose to a tank. And rangers can also just teleport around them and use their poison arrow.

Wait?! Did @Cowboy a member of Nox attack first?! I knew it. I knew that guild was up to no good! Thank you for the heads up @Czech_E! Union of Ham will keep an eye out for this bandit. I assume all of Nox are bandits since @Cowboy is a member of Nox and he attacked you first. Thanks!

Yeah I know it was you. You chased me out of my fishing spot so I whacked you when I found you AFK. I deserved the death.

Honestly the only reason I didn’t fight back fiercely before the ult was that I was hoping the Cactaur would get you first.

I’m not salty by any means.

I am not trying to generate salt. I didn’t even know I chased you away from fishing… sorry about that. I only noticed you when you ran down the center path of the wilds. I am not like most UoH; I will protect myself if attacked, but I don’t like to throw the first punch in most situations.

Anyway, we’re getting off topic here.

As far as tanks are concerned, in my opinion they dont need to be worried about for pvp. i know many dont believe that, and think tanks are trash in pvp, but from my testing they are actually very OP, not gonna state how, its mainly about how you use them, and what you are trying to do, and their worth definitly goes up in group combat which doesnt happen to often.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.