Anyone else having Lag/Casting issues?

Anyone else having lag issues the last three or four days? I change my settings from ultra to low. Reset modem router and then upgraded Internet speed with no luck. Adjusted and reset all my tracking devices. Is it possible that the servers are having issues or being over populated now? Is anyone else having issues ? I’m finding playing a caster close to impossible only the last four days or so.

I have no problems at all.
I’m near London, connection is great.
I had some minor casting delays or lags sometimes but it’s since the game launch and that’s not a big thing really.

no lag at all for me or my son at all lately…

I begin to notice lag/ casting delay when there’s lots of mages in highsteppe. With all the practice casting that goes on simultaneously, sometimes it creates these spikes that ruin my rune drawings and messes up my practice streaks.

The only time I lag, is when fighting in large groups. I lag sometimes in the mines as well. Highstepp can be laggy if there is a lot of people there.

Yes yes yes.
I logged on today and decided I’d do some Runemage, since I hadn’t done so for about a week. The worst it got at one point was FIVE frostbolt 3’s phasing through the same enemy in a row, in Narrow Orchard, a relatively low-player-density location. It makes Runemage nigh unplayable when it starts to happen. There were also more than a few instances where the line would just stop drawing mid-stroke and end up drawing a straight line from the last registered spot to the current spot my wand was at. I’m not sure what’s been causing either of these if not just ridiculous lag spikes.
Conversely, playing Runemage in the Rainforest dungeon worked just fine. Wasn’t a single instance where spells phased through anyone.

What hardware are you running? I have similar issues running an i5 7600k occasionally.

I myself have had tons of issues with lag. I think the worst of it is during a Tradu boss. Especially the sentry, during the sentry I have to look for a spot in which there is no lag/delay on my rune casting as there is only like 2 spots that are lag free during the sentry boss.

Okay so you all are talking about two separate types of lag, so I just want to separate them out so we can get them solved.

The first sound like graphical lag. That’s where this is happening:

That is caused when your CPU/GPU or the game in general is having a loading spike. I have heard this happens near the Sentry boss and we are tracking that down. Is that what’s happening to you, Andrew?

The second one is this:

This is the same thing that’s sometimes happening on the Runemage Tournament, and I am working on a fix for that as well. But basically that’s server-side processing lag where it’s not registering the collision like it should.

Ok so I wasted a lot of time and effort on nothing. Turns out one or my vive controllers was going out and finally went dead. So it was half A$$ tracking and making casting impossible. It just so happens I was useing that one in my right have the entire time. Sorry for the confusion.

Haha, well thanks for the heads-up. I’m sure there is some lag being caused still for some folks but glad that’s what the issue was for you. Easy fix! :slight_smile:

Well, to be specific, during the sentry battle I have lag where ther is a delay on the casting itself like I am drawing it and the line appears a second or two after I click the button to draw. But I run around and am able to find a spot where there is no lag and I can cast fine. I’m running on low graphics and have a gtx 960

If you would like I can record a sentry fight and see if it happens again

Right yeah that’s definitely graphical lag, and someone else mentioned it’s happening in that room for them. Where is the spot you can stand/look to not get lag?

So that spot where the lag is bad is when your fight the sentry boss and your facing the trash pulls (aberration mobs). If you face towards the wall or away from the aberrations being in the background, I notice I do not lag as much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.