Archer shots going through targets

So i don’t know what the issue is, but it is causing me a ton of grief while trying to level my archer. my shots literally go through the target (to me anyway), my party members say i’m just wildly missing. is there anything i can do to fix this? they are stationary targets, but they don’t actually seem to be in the same location according to the server than i see them.

That’s strange, has it always done this for you? and what headset/controllers are you using?

i dont remember it doing that all the time. later this evening it was fine. (maybe it is latency related)? It seems it is worst earlier in the evening

Same happened to me last night on my Oculus Rift through the Oculus launcher. Usually what would happen is shortly after the arrows would go through, my client would crash and I would have to reload. Gets frustrating.

Sounds like you’re getting desynced, which is unfortunately still a more commonplace issue than we’d like. Once it happens you can move and feel like you’re interacting with things but the server has already more or less lost you. If you suspect it has happened, just manually log out and back in.

1 Like

This is what I end up having to do.

On a side note, I purchased the service “Kill Ping” and that has decreased the crashes to maybe once in an hour or more. I don’t know what they are doing but from what I’ve seen, I get far less jitter and dropped packets at the expense of about 20-30ms more ping. I have fiber optic internet which I know helps, but I do not know if the dropped packets are on my end or the game servers. If a dev could PM me an IP or two that I could ping constantly while I game, I think I could help shed a little more light on this.

This is the address that the devs listed to ping quite some time ago. I’m not home to test it myself but I’ve used it before. Hope it helps!

game-direct.orbusvr.com

1 Like

That gives me an IP. I’ll try that tonight when I hop on. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.