Are Grinder drops bugged?

I grind twice a day almost every day. I used to get crated drops on a regular basis and non-crated drop a little less often. Since the update, i have been getting almost nothing. Are drops bugged or has the rarity increased on everything?

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that most drop are rarer now except the maps. I’m not sure if it is just my bad luck or something more. I would love to know. :grin:

Probably just RNG for both of you, I highly doubt they would tweak anything regarding droprates without letting the community know.

1 Like

i actually noticed this too, id say tweaked regardless if it was intentional or not

All weekend, nothing but the most basic drops. No crated items at all. I think the grinder is bugged. I used to run a full auction house with my grinder drops. Not any more. I’ve not changed my play, what has changed is the drop rate of good items

1 Like

i’ve noticed this also

We’ll look into it and see if anything might be causing something like this, but we haven’t made any changes to any types of drops, or to grinders in a very long time.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed it myself. I usually get one purple grinder loot table drop by the time I complete the 5th level at least. Which hasn’t changed.

Might just be a reflection of my bad luck in the past though

Spiderling Accent dye is a purple drop. By the time i finish a grinder, I typically have about 15 to 20 of them. I’m talking about drops that have in the past dropped on the 5th ring and is normally crated and or tradable. I have never gone more that three grinders and not had something drop. I have now gone from the time of the overhaul of Highstep to now twice a day and only gotten one crated drop. It was a harvester. I typically get one of those as the consolation prize.

If you think it’s not bugged, you are kidding yourself just to post something. It’s bugged.

1 Like

I’ve gotten plenty of crates lately even a couple of arcane mounts. Nothing drops specifically on the 5th ring that doesn’t drop on other rings. Three rings or even 10 is not uncommon without a crate drop.

If you think there’s a statistical anomaly, you should make a spreadsheet so you can get actual numbers on your drop rates. Vague retrospective approximations of small data sets aren’t very reliable.

2 Likes

You have dropped a couple of arcane mounts since the update?

Maybe YOU could put a statistical spreadsheet together proving me wrong. I know what the drop rate is because I actually grind. Put that proof together and show me that I’m just unlucky for the past weeks since the update. For me the proof is in what is normal and this isn’t normal. Something is broken.

1 Like

If you grind a lot it shouldn’t be too hard to note down how many pots you complete and how many drops you get.

I’m very busy with school right now so I don’t really have the time to play a whole lot. I could do a few but not enough to get anything statistically significant.

You very well could be correct but I have heard far too many people in the past swear by the fact that they could tell that luck was affecting drop rarity or that luck was making them get more weapon drops instead of armor or that being high level made you get less world drops etc.

Numbers don’t lie and more importantly numbers precisely demonstrate the severity of the problem. If you are right, which again I don’t completely doubt, I would like to know what the drop rates are currently like.

2 Likes

I have gotten them as grinder drops since the update. Also many harvesters and shoulder kitties… few cumulus dye, pot helms, and sword teleporters.

3 Likes

It’s RNG, like most things in Orbus tbh. There is no “normal” when it’s random. I went weeks without a decent drop almost a year ago, if not getting good drops means it’s broken, then it’s been broken for over a year

2 Likes

I really think it is just bad RNG, because it seems like certain drops are rarer not all of them though.

1 Like

I can 100% guarantee it is RNG. The devs won’t mess with a perfectly fine droprate.

1 Like

I don’t use the grinder a lot, but I’ve filled it up plenty since it released. I literally got my first grinder-specific drop a few months ago (shoulder kitty that I already had b/c someone gave me one). So if you’ve been getting grinder-specific drops every time you fill up the grinder, I’d call you pretty darn lucky! (Can I have some of that luck???) :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Lair loot just got nerfed too

Edit:

I’m a dummy. Left raid mode on