Are Grinder drops bugged?

Just out of curiosity did you come to this conclusion with a party of people or on any less then like 15 full sweeps of the lair

1 Like

Fortunately, I have backups of the log files for August and September. I decided to write a function to parse these files and extract grinder related information. As we know, the patch in question was released 8/31/2021. Here are the statistics for August (before patch) and September (after patch) to see if there is some statistical anomaly.

Note: This sample size is still too small to make a real determination of drop rate percentages and the log does not say what is in an item crate(only that it is an item crate). The item crates in my experience have been around 85~90% Harvesters, then the other 10~15% goes to mounts. This is just an estimate.

Sorry for the formatting below. It reads from left to right, “Name, Count, Percentage”.

August 2021
GrinderLevels 99
cumulus 2 2%
teleporter 0 0%
kitties 2 2%
itemCrates 5 5%
potHelms 0 0%

September 2021
GrinderLevels 200
cumulus 8 4%
teleporter 4 2%
kitties 8 4%
itemCrates 10 5%
potHelms 8 4%

From the data above you could make the following conclusions:

1. Item Crates dropped at a rate of 5% in both months
  2. cumulus, teleporters, pot helms and kitties all dropped at a higher rate during the month of September

Note: This is not a large enough sample to make any real determination but gives some idea in what happened at least on my own individual experience before and after the patch.

11 Likes

I still am not dropping at the rate I was before the update. I did finally drop a shoulder kitty in the last day or so and was a surprise.

1 Like

What do you mean by nerfed? Is it not dropping blue and purple gear anymore?

Well that seems preaty definitive enough me to say that grinder drops have not gotten worse after the update

4 Likes

somehow I still have not got an item crate drop in the time i would have got like 8 or more of them, but it must just be rng

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.