Back bug shard mutation returned accidentially?

I don’t quite understand why having to wait a week is such a bad thing actually… In many other games, (especially mmos) having a tougher weekly activity or an affix on an activity that makes it harder is just part of the game, and not something that anyone normally complains about. I can name examples from the past month from other games where one week an activity has the hardest possible combination of affixes, and the next it is seen as a joke and done in 1/3 the time. This is not imbalance, it’s simply a tougher challenge that isn’t even permanent!
Honestly Metris, after reading this thread it feels more like you’re complaining that the hardest content in the game isn’t easy enough for the weaker members of your group to get through, which isn’t a real argument. I remember when I still thought hot foot and empowered strikes would cause me not to be able to do shards, but eventually you do find a way to deal with them, and I for one welcome something new that has us actually having to pay attention to mechanics instead of blowing through a 15 with a level 13 scoundrel. Having to wait a week isn’t as big of a deal as you’re making it, and like Mishka said, it gives you plenty of time to try new stuff or practice with you’re newer members if they’re struggling.
In the end, groups that can get through the content will continue doing their thing, and groups that can’t just have to either get better or get carried through it by better players, and if they cant do that they just cant do the content for the week. It’s one week off, not that big of a deal.

6 Likes

Dude this might be the case for many weeks in a row, since the pool of these mutations is rather small. (Edit: looked it up, back bug was not even announced as brutal mutation, but as major; so much for hardest content in the game, have fun newbs if this appears on a lvl 3…)

And you entirely missed the point, I am not comin on to play ball in dungeons, I want to play my class(es), I am playing an mmo or thought I do.

Yes, we can do any shard, possibly even temples, with crappy times, idc about that, I’m flatout not enjoying to hop around and play ball and have focus off-fight all the time and so far I am not the only one.

PS: I did not talk one word about the “weaker” members of “our” group, there is no such group, currently, or very seldom since we are hardly full anymore and take in random members of a hell lot of other guilds which are active in eu timezone (without their guild being active there tho), js. The core group, if all play their same-old-boring mains, is fine, least can finish stuff. However, we were finally past that and this mutation screws the change I enjoy way more: trying out things with different setups and people for once.

Thank you for allowing Bards to feel useful in boss fights where Healers are usually not needed. I actively enjoy Back Bug because it allows me to play the class I enjoy on the weeks it’s active.

Hot Foot: I’m not coming on to do the cha-cha slide.
Dumbfounded: I’m not coming on to not be allowed to use my ult.
Indecisive: I’m not coming on to play ping pong with enemies.
Strong Willed I’m not coming on just to be told I’m being punished for being a magical class
Thick Skinned: I’m not coming on just to be told I’m being punished for being a physical class
Difficult to Dodge: I’m not coming on to play dodgeball
Discontent: I’m not coming on just to play floor is lava
Sickness: I’m not coming on to be told I’m being punished for being a healer.
Virus: I’m not coming on to deal with coronavirus in game when I’m dealing with it in real life
Wild Creatures: I’m not coming on to be told I’m being punished for playing Tank
Infection: I’m not coming on to learn that unless I’m a mage I’m going to die immediately to DOTS because I can’t decurse
Shared Pain: I’m not coming on just to get punished because other people in my part ydie.
Reflective Strikes: I’m not coming on just to be punished for dealing good damage.

Runemage: If I wanted to draw shapes I’d be an artist or go back to geometry class
Bard: If I wanted to play Beat Saber I’d go play Beat Saber
Ranger: lol why bother damage bad
Scoundrel: lol why bother damage bad
Shaman: Why bother, any movement ruins damage

You can complain about just about every aspect of the game. If you don’t like it, don’t play it. Back Bug IS an optional affix. If you don’t want to run it, wait til next week to do your 15s.

PS: Seriously, Thank you for giving us Bards something to excel at. We can heal while still removing Back Bug from people. That passive healing is great. Bard life best life.

1 Like

Ehrm yes? And why won’t you play bard in any other bossfight if you like challenges so much? No offense, but this is slowly all a farce, a bunch of current #1 guild members grimly fight for a pause-of-record-pursuits-sponsored-by-devs now that’s at least… interesting, c’mon dude, you are the best-est no-one will even try to grab your crown, are you happy now :wink:

PS: Btw I am a musky main, I am also not supposed to heal healerless bosses, normally; and if I do now, I learn nothing, these are just slower, that’s all, and if a group really wanna do it fast they use health pots go figure. It’s why I don’t buy all these arguments, sorry, think there’s something else behind.
Also, I suggested times and times again to make mutations like these optional, like, real optional, not “pause-a-week-or-two-or-three-with-playing”-optional kind of thing. Let us alter shards putting additional mutations on it, so those groups fond of it can earn some more rewards, doing it, for fun, for challenge, whatever. But yah i’m out of this really, bye.

PPS: This list is very good. It shows that literally none of the existing mutations, going through them, is drawing attention off actual fights and class-mechanics. None. You need to move, sure, but not grab, this is unique, new, sticking out of everything else, mechanics-wise and the reason that even those who are fond of it are regarding it as a challenge, much harder and what not.

Ehm did you misunderstand me diliberately… ?

I DO PLAY BARD ON OTHER BOSSES. Dovregubben, Sewer Slime, and Dungeon Troll don’t require Healers normally. Now I can play Bard on them and be helpful. Otherwise I’m just sitting there not contributing.

If you think I care about being #1 guild, you’re sadly mistaken. I enjoy running content. Carnage, Alphabet, Firefly, Wizard Bois, anybody could surpass us and I wouldn’t care. I’m not the best, I don’t try to be, I don’t even pretend to be. We have a speedrun group, but I’m not a part of it, or part of planning it, or anything. It’s seriously just a handful of competitive players. The rest of us don’t care about it at all.

But yes, I’m happy because there’s challenging content. I’m not happy because you’re actively trying to ruin that.

Idk if you did that on purpose, but it is so painfully true :joy: (Fireflies = Firefly)

3 Likes

Agggh no, that was me typing in my new iPhone and it for some gods forsaken reason autocorrecting words I already typed. This thing is a mystery to me lol

I’ll have you know we come on for 10 minutes each week for the enjoy the realm event :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.