Bard - AoE indicator + full musical scale request

I normally play ranger but decided to give bard a try as well.

The main thing I’ve been struggling with is not knowiing if I am in range to use my active and passive abilities.

I struggle knowing where to position myself in order to provide the best support for the people around me, and I’ve come to the realization that there’s nothing indicating whether I am in or out of range.
The ranger, for example, has the distance indicator telling the player the distance of the arrow you just fired.

Therefore, I’d like to suggest some sort of indication for the AoE of my passive and active abilities.
For comparison, I think the Overwatch character “Lucio” has an easily recognizable range indicator.
Rings on the ground would give bard players a great way to position themselves in relation to enemies and other players to get the most utility out of their entire kit.

Secondly, please give the bard a full musical scale to jam out with so we can just have fun without going insane from the repetitive music we need to play in combat.

2 Likes

There is actually a buff icon that appears when you’re in passive healing distance. Over time, you learn what the range is. Ideally, you’d be standing relatively close to your target because if they get low on health, you have to factor in travel distance to the time it takes to heal them with crescendos. Not necessarily shaman close, but not the other side of the room either.

As far as number of notes on the marimba, it’s better than it was - during beta, we only had five notes to play! :upside_down_face:

Yeah I did see the icon for players who were in passive healing distance.

The problem is though, that if I am not in passive healing distance, I don’t directly know how far I need to move or how far away I can be.
It’s even harder to track with multiple people with just the icon to go off of.
having an AoE circle on the ground to indicate the ranges would definitely make tracking distances, and therefore positioning, easier on the player.

Information overload is a real thing, and needing to pay attention to the notes, the crescendos, the location of the players around me, the enemies and their attacks, and the icons on each player makes it a lot to track.
having an AoE indicator on the ground at least takes away the tracking of individual players in/ out of range as the circle will overlap multiple people and clearly shows how far I can/ need to move.

Bard has a lot of components to keep track of! It’s one of my favorite classes. As you start to memorize the patterns, you’ll have to look at your instrument less. Try getting used to moving and playing simultaneously. You can practice against any of the mobs with a bolt attack - just keep moving side to side and they can’t hit you.

Also, I believe the healing crescendos are based on vitality rather than direct HP, so if you have an almost dead DPS and a moderately injured tank, it might prioritize the tank rather than the DPS. I haven’t looked too hard at that, but I know Miskha has. :upside_down_face:

If I remember correctly the heal crescendos prioritize lowest percentage of health.

1 Like

I’ve been jamming out while moving across the world to teach myself movement while also hitting notes properly, it’s definitely a useful skill to develop.

Still would like to more easily see how far I can move away from other players before I am out of range though, as looking at X amount of UI icons above players isn’t the most ideal.

I’m used to keeping track of a lot of information during combat as I play Symmetra in Overwatch, which can feel like playing chess in the middle of an active battle, but allowing the player to manage everything more easily would definitely improve the experience.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.