Bard Class Idea

So this is funny, but I actually think it would be fun. Have a Bard Class where the person has to sing and play a virtual instrument to give buffs to the party. The more in tune the person is the better the buffs. Person needs to memorize a tune and strumming.

4 Likes

I remember talking about this last night. good stuff.

I think it’s a great idea. My partner Eros has been talking about this a lot lately as well, either making a Bard class, or adding an ocarina to the ranger (perhaps replace the trap with it?) to do the same effect.

1 Like

I like the idea of adding it to the ranger class! Gives ranger a bit more versatility.

adding it to the ranger class doesnt really match the archer all that well, i would definitely love to have a class like this though

1 Like

Or alternatively they could make the trap do something useful.

You obviously missed the trap everything bug last week. You could anchor world bosses and raid bosses indefinitely. What a time to be alive, fortunately it was promptly patched.

1 Like

I love this idea, though I’d suggest nixing the singing for a few reasons. First, too easy to just record and play to get perfect songs. Second, it would be super annoying, especially with multiple people. Not even counting the trolling.

This is what I’m afraid of…

I have to admit though, I have no idea how a virtual instrument would be implemented. All that comes to mind is a rock band or guitar hero rip off.

1 Like

orednod already level 20 bard

1 Like

I have already created the bard class. I believe I am the first to officially do it. I do shows on weekends in highstepp, usually to a crowd of 10+. Check out next weekend show!

Real talk though, I’d love another physical class but dps. Maybe am option for warrior to duel wield and the right talent tree have more to do with that. Or a monk class with fist/knuckle weapons.

Orednod the wandering Gleeman.

I’d love to see a bard class, There could be a mix of two things, Thinking back to my days of star wars galaxies, I remember the times I would sit in a cantina and be at my computer, playing my instruments, for anybody who wants to listen, In city we could buff people who are about to go out to fight, and overall just have a good time. This was before the spammer and bots showed up, we use to have to sit at our computers and actually press to correct combo. I’d love to see an instrument class where you can give buffs to others, and minor damage depending on the tool.

In parties, you could either focus on healing/shields/debuffs or stuns/control/weakness
A class that does little damage, but charms the enemies into standing around or even at higher levels charms them into fighting for you (talented) There are already instruments in-game hence the band in Guild city. When do we get to rock out?

Ey up Orednod; get ready to grind up to level 30 for your class
The Bard is a support class focused around conducting your own personal mini-orchestra of musical orbs.
ITS HAPPENING!

@Richleth I feel obligated to be among the first to max bard and main it.

Can’t wait! Thanks!!!

A cool bard idea would be to “conduct” the orbs onto a music staff to make tunes like in Zelda to trigger different effects so you’re constantly creating various songs to trigger back to back abilities

Did you not read up on the main page; you just described the class

The Bard is a support class focused around conducting your own personal mini-orchestra of musical orbs.

By keeping them in-sync and choosing the right instrument at the right time, you can support your party members, heal your allies, weaken your enemies, and even deal a little damage of your own

Maybe I missed something but nowhere does it explain how to conduct or mention a staff in any way?

It does not mention a staff; but uh, “conducting your own personal mini-orchestra of musical orbs.” It does not explain how to do it.

Yes, I got the term conducting directly from the description. Please explain to me how you conduct the orbs to create effects? It doesn’t explain it at all besides you move your baton and the orbs move. Where do they move? Are they blank orbs that get placed on a staff to give it a pitch? Or are they already assigned a pitch and they just need to be put in various orders?

Exactly, so how is his original idea just describing the class if we all don’t know the specifics? :thinking: