Beta 2 Bard Feedback

Since it is still somewhat new it deserves its own thread right…

• There is (new?) sfx music which I find overly annoying, first, it is repetitive daaadadaaadadaadadaaaa (only 7 accords over and over), second, it absolutely doesn’t match the notes I play on the marimba and there’s either turning both off or none
  • For the life of me I don’t know how to aim the zick-zack damages; I stand like only 7m away from a mob, facing him with my middle marimba-tile and it zick-zacks right around him without hitting it
  • Still experiencing numerous random bugs like colors of Orbs suddenly changing - like, the red is suddenly showing green without changing position on the belt
  • Orbs are frequently breaking like there’s no way to activate them again or orbs at least don’t have a color when activated
  • I keep deactivating Orbs accidentally when hitting tiles but that is perhaps a matter of practice

Just as a note, we haven’t had the time between last beta and this one to really change anything since last test based on the feedback we’ve received but we’ve definitely got some things in mind for the future.

1 Like

Just adding my two cents, I have experienced many of the same bugs as listed above while playing the Bard.

1. The sticks just vanish sometimes, and sometimes removing the equipped sticks and putting a different one on fixes the issue, the wired thing is that the vanished stick is still usable to play the songs just ups the the difficulty a lot.
  2. I have the same complaint as listed above where the song selection interface just seems to stop working. sometimes showing a song is glowing as if ready for activation but unable to be used. sometimes the colored orbs just don’t seem to go where you want them.
  3. Yeah i have no idea how to aim with this class the attacks are all over the place.

I have an idea for fixing the song selection with the orbs, why not just throw one of the sticks at the enemy and use the now free hand to place the colored orbs in the song locations, this would eliminate and issues of the miss hit during battle and also make sure the selected song wont deactivate after you have used it. Just a thought.

I really like the idea of the bard and look forward on seeing how it progresses.

2 Likes

I second your point with the song selector.
I also had multiple instances where I accidentaly turned off/on songs while doing the crecendos. Some times I even managed to turn them on/off while walking around with the sticks out.

So a system to pick songs without using the sticks would be preferable to me atleast.

1 Like