Beta 2 Shaman Feedback

As of right now they are acting like the dragons did. For now I am going to change them like we did the dragons to just not interfere with anything; I may end up deciding to make part of the challenge of the class keeping track of your totem positioning so they don’t get hit by e.g. AoE attacks or things like that, but for now we’ll take it off til I have a chance to play with it more.

I am very much enjoying the shaman. Lots of little things, but the only big problem I am having is that the little totems around your waist is very much in the way when you need to grab orbs off the top of totems. can we put 2 little totems on each hip not in front.

Yeah, I tried killing one in PvP while I was a muskie and it wasn’t happening

Underhand throws seem to be more effective than overhand throws, no matter the speed at which one throws.

by ‘effective’ i think he means they throw further. Sparc had the same issue with their calculations, i dont know why that is.

1 Like

The sounds on the shaman totems, especially fire and lightning, are way too loud and abrasive.

I agree with previous posts which point out the difficulty with aiming throws more than a few meters. I like that the class takes some skill, but I worry that this may make the class unviable in certain situations (eg. bosses that are best fought from far away or need to be kited/moved regularly). I think the best way to address this without completely erasing the skill factor is to make it so that after a certain amount of time in the air the projectile locks on to the closest enemy and is “magnetised” to it. This way, close shots are still dumb-fire and require aim, while far-shots and shots on moving targets get some help. The magnetisation shouldn’t guarantee a hit, the throw should still need to be somewhere in the ballpark of whatever is being aimed at.

I agree that the placing of the totem “belt” is bad, as I regularly grab a totem when trying for a fire/lightning ball, belt tool, or even just turning on auto-run.

I don’t like that there is currently no visual representation of your weapon for shamans.

The grip buttons on the vive honestly aren’t the best or most responsive. I think this is part of the reason throwing feels “sticky” sometimes. I would much prefer if I could grab and release my totems and spells with the triggers instead.

The shaman projectiles are not visible to other players like runemage spells are. This is especially an issue in PvP, but also takes away from group content (seeing a line of mages send forth a swarm of spells is awesome). edit: Noticed from battleground footage, but I may be imagining things

I totally loved the Sharman!

I had a lot of fun tossing the orbs at different enemies and blasting it from my hand, and the frogs the opponents turned into where really cute!

It’s a nice short range class and verry fun and easy to play, felt a lot more fixed then the bard as its both a powerful dps and has a possibility for trickshots, timing, and strategy.

Not only can other people see them, people can catch and throw them as well

hmm… we were playing catch with other players… you can totally see them, but only after they throw it… probably some sort of latency involved

I noticed this when looking at footage from a battleground, perhaps this is only happening there?

I really love all aspects of the shaman. But is it normal that the weapon (mask) isn’t showing on characters (like a 3D model or Something) ?

The class weapon is going to be a mask that goes on your face, it’s just not in yet.

It feels odd to me to have a mask equipped in the weapon slot especially when we have a head slot. I think you are just asking for confusion. Why not have the shaman weapon be a staff with feathers and a skull at the top of it?

2 Likes

because then we wouldnt have 2 free hands to pick our totems up and throw balls.

It would just be a visual, we don’t actually wear the mask either. Although that could be confusing if you are looking for a staff to use.

I guess it could just be a skull and feathers with not staff.

riley literally just said it would be a mask that goes on your face…

Yeah but you don’t see it, nor are you physically putting it on your face. Riley could say it goes on your arm or back so that is really a moot point since there is no visual for it.

Just because there isn’t a visual right now doesn’t mean there won’t be one eventually. As long as we get an option to toggle it on or off like the equipment helm I’ll be happy.

… but he just said there would be a visual…

Shaman Orbs: Not sure if I get used to it, but I find it still very hard to throw the orb (with trigger button) towards a specific direction, the farther away and smaller a mob is, the worse. Ended up tilting my hand until it looks like you throw “forward” instead of sideways when releasing, but still wished a more natural aiming function like at the tipp of your finger, so you can point.