Beta 4 Feedback: Missions

Oh yeah that is different, looking at your character it’s not the same bug. Do you want me just to clear your missions?

sure. afterwards i’ll see if it still locks up on me when i talk to him.

Okay go ahead and see what that did.

I can’t get any fishing lure to do the fishing quests, are they even in the drop table?

no, robert said they would come in a patch later today.

I see an empty list of “available missions” for everyone. Is there some step I’m missing?

There are weekly repeatable missions once you hit level 30 (so not in this beta since level cap is 25). One time level up missions only become available if you are a high enough level. And I believe the first mission becomes available at level 3 for the monster hunter. (We plan on making this more clear).

But if being too low level isn’t your issue, send me you in-game name and I’ll take a look

Don’t know if it was intended, but I’m level 11 on my highest class and could only get the first 3 dragon races. Tier 8 on rep with Sicilus, but nothing.

It’s based on player level, not reputation rank

Ah.

To note, it’s a little on the sad side that there’s so few quests per level. It feels like 3/level across all vendors. Which means that those of us who want to level a bunch of stuff at once have issues, even with the added percentages for killing and for leveling additional classes. It feels like we’re back in reborn beta 1 where there were like 5 quests total and we were all stuck being slow at leveling.

yea… not enough quests to level with… still grinding like crazy as usual.

Are you also leveling up more than one Discipline at a time?

In theory if you do the missions on a single Discipline you should only have to spend like an hour or two a level grinding monsters/Public Events, but yeah I’m not sure what you’ll have to do to level up more than one at the same time currently.

I’m also not getting any extra quests when levelling, Only a few new ones once server came online.

just leveling one discipline i had to grind an entire level due to lack of quests… i have to completely avoid all the dragon quests, and one of the kill quests noone knows how to do. the drop rate on the fishing stuff is so low now that to get a single lure you have to grind for an hour anyway.

1 Like

while you can scroll down the page with your missions, it automatically jumps back to the top of the page

1 Like

I had this issue on all scroll bars while using the laser pointer method. It would jump around and back to the bottom frequently, eventually causing me to give up and just use my finger

personally i think there should be a repeatable quest (daily) for every vendor… even at not max level. makes no sense to only have the dailies be at max level.

And then for max level, you can have weekly quests for raids/dungeons etc.

1 Like

A lot of the Mission descriptions are unclear and could do with a little more direction.

I’m fairly certain I have searched all of highsteppe now and I can’t find the Sorceress anywhere, has anyone else completed this quest, if so want to point me in the right direction?

Dungeon Ready 1 requires 2 kills on each boss but 8 undead kills, with a half decent group you can kill the Lich without spawning any of the undead I feel 8 undead is too much for this, I didn’t finish it in the previous beta and we spent quite a bit of time doing it in this beta last night (invisible walls didn’t help)

This Mission is either broken or I still haven’t found a threatening monster, once again, not enough info or direction

I much prefer the quests where it shows you what it is you need to kill/collect/capture e.g there is a quest where it says to collect 10 Reedflute and 6 blade cactus from the rainforest, this is a very clear quest which shows exactly where you need to head and what you need to do, showing a % of what you have done is a lot less informative and means you need to work out how much more you need to do for the mission each time you get to the next reward tier

3 Likes

I agree… i prefer ones that specifically tell you how many to kill / collect. i dont like the percentages thing. More direction would be good as well… that ‘thin the herd out’ quest, noone knows what you need to kill.

1 Like

the sorceress is in the tunnel cave nearest to highsteppe in the middle. The thin herd should just be any monster in any area so if thats not working ill look into fixing that one.