Beta 4 Feedback: Missions

Even if there’s not a leveling MSQ, it could be nice to see a daily or weekly quest with some actual history or text behind it.

I’d rather have quests that repeat than grind. Grinding is significantly more boring.

1 Like

There are going to be a set of “Lore Quest” missions for each mission vendor. These are quests (like the MSQ in the original game) that you unlock as your rep level increases. They are solely focused on storytelling and exploration and relate the backstory of each mission NPC and the goings-on in the world, will fill in some gaps on what has happened in the last 20 years and what is getting ready to happen, etc. (They may still feature the need for combat, gathering, etc. but basically we don’t have to worry about making them really “hard” or anything since that’s what the missions are for XP-wise.)

I see that Darius’s quest, “There are far too many monsters threatening our Realm, thin the herd out!” was noted in this thread on the 23rd as not responding to monster kills. I just wanted to update that the quest is still not giving credit for monster kills.

Also Swamp Smash requires 1:07 and the best time is 1:07.3

We’re tracking those down, thanks for letting us know @Russ_F and @Shiki!

Okay, I KNOW I got gold on that one. Maybe the times to gold were adjusted?

Edit: I swear I didn’t turn in a single dragon race mission that I didn’t have gold on, and I ran clear through every one through level 16, of which swamp smash was one

Does this mean that the missions are different for different people…? Or did the devs just change it out part-way through to make it more difficult? Or somehow some people get gold credit even though we didn’t hot the time…?

There are a second missions for some of the dragon races with higher time requirements, some of them are a little too high though

1 Like

Could you add it for Dungeons and maybe add exp for winning a battleground too?

We can probably add it for dungeons, yeah. We will not be adding XP for Battlegrounds specifically because it makes it way too easy to just throw the game back and forth and farm XP.

2 Likes