Beta 4 Feedback: The Sewers Dungeon

I pushed out an update with a potential fix, will affect any new run started from now on, let me know if that helped at all.

1 Like

I know this was reported in the previous beta but I think we worked out that it happens if you kill an undead and then wipe

Invisible walls were still there in the 1st dungeon, going to go do the sewers now instead

Sewer dungeon still has the same invisible wall as previously posted

Hmmm interesting. Okay. Are able to see the invisible walls happening if you are just in the dungeon without a bunch of fighting going on at once? Like after you beat a mob can you go back and make sure if just one person is firing itā€™s there? Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s something combat-related happening.

Iā€™m fairly certain they were all there while outside of combat, due to them blocking hits while we were trying to pull the packs of mobs, I will clear the dungeon later once we have a tank come online and then I will run around the whole dungeon and shoot all the invisible walls for you and send a recording if that will help, they are game breaking and extremely frustrating so I will do whatever you need to help get them sorted

1 Like

Yes that would be super helpful, honestly just like the location of one or two that you can get to happen when itā€™s just you running around would be totally fine. Since Iā€™m assuming the same thing is causing all of them.

I am going to do a server and client push here in about 30 minutes, when I do that, I will add some logging on the Ranger specifically to tell me what itā€™s hitting, so they really if you just run around hitting on them I should be able to find the logs for your specific zone and see the name of what it is.

Okay Iā€™ll get that done later today, Iā€™m not sure if it has something to do with the zones moving around as there was a public event marker showing inside the dungeon next to the bridge at the last boss

Will this show in the combat log? Was wondering if we would be able to see which attacks were used on what in the combat log

No itā€™s a server-side debugging thing and it just tells me ā€œthis thing hit this other thingā€ in general.

Ah okay, was really hoping for some more changes to the combat log this beta too :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay so at the expense of sounding like a broken record, Iā€™m like 99% sure we have these solved now, we were able to reproduce them and fix them so hopefully should be good to go. If you run into any others though let us know. (This is specifically in Dungeon 1 + 2, there are still others floating around like the Player House we are working on.)

1 Like

Thereā€™s one in front of the lamp post at the highsteppe defend the gate event (directly across from first gate).

Well I have to say, you did a great job in the 1st dungeon, you missed a little bit which Iā€™ve got a quick clip of here:

The second dungeon is not fixed though, there is issues with the hits not working over the railing and close to the pillars on the 1st boss and also any time you are close to a wall, we clearly show this off in this video, also the invisible walls at the start of the dungeon are still blocking hits which we think is because of the dragon race

Okay well basically there was an overall issue with a way that a part of the server was working which is fixed and was causing most of those issues, the other ones for the railing for example are actually a lack of something to shoot over rather than a invisible wall if that makes sense. So yeah weā€™ll keep working on those one-off issues, but they should at least no longer be ā€œmassive area that is randomly in the middle of the room blocking my shot.ā€

Robert will watch the video and we can work on it some more after the Dev Boss event.

Been in dungeon queue for about 3 hours nowā€¦ no luck at all :frowning:

Getting invisible hit boxes for my poison orbs in Battle Grounds. Most noticeably when fighting around the center cave flag anb trying to shoot people as they come into the cage or are just a few feet in. Its like there a dome over the flag blocking shots in a 7ft radius or something. Rickness was there shooting so maybe his arrows were hitting them as well and thatā€™ll show up in the logs.

So there was a bug where basically you could do more damage than intended to the Slime Boss if he wasnā€™t actively ā€œsoaked.ā€ Thatā€™s now been fixed, just a heads up for future runs.

That fight makes a lot more sense now and is a lot more fun. Can we get some kind of indication on the ground as to exactly where the water will dump out? Like maybe a wet spot.

1 Like

this, please. two of them are right on the shadows, but the other two are wayyy off

2 Likes