Beta 6 Patch 2.83

We’ve just put out a new patch which you can download here (or just restart your launcher to get it automatically):

https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/RebornLauncher-2.83.zip

In this patch:

• Performance tweaks and optimizations
  • Healthbars will only display on top of everything for enemies to which the player is engaged.
  • Level requirement will also now show in the tooltips of Missions that are in your Player Menu which you have already accepted.
  • Potential fix for the bugs with not being reset to correct position at the end of Dragon Pet Races.
  • Fixed the Polymorph Chicken and Hex Frog not showing up properly.
  • Fixed some issues with the Ranger where e.g. if you grab an arrow then put away your bow the arrow was sticking to your hand.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Today the notifications text is really hard to read, it wasn’t like this yesterday

There is a huge amount of server lag atm

looks like highstep surrounding area just reset? my hand dissapeared forever and stopped working.

the potion of ithecac does not work of give effect when taking it in reborn

is a fix for people only turning on pvp right before turning in the quest and getting the full xp boost going to be coming any time soon?

I guess that is hard to fix else it would’ve been done already. Likely it needs a whole different tracking while doing quests, and this would be alot since there are tons of different actions they need to flag.

Other than that I second that, it is so tedious to always think about turning pvp on and off again, i’m not sad if I am forced to ignore that :smiley:

PS: A hotfix like not allowing pvp turned on right before would likely be ineffective, people would time it otherwise, perhaps do an event in the safe zone first etc.; and it would hit pvpers who actually did quests with pvp on but for any reason - groups, helpin friends - turned it off before turn-in.

We are considering adding a cooldown so that you have to wait e.g. 10 minutes to toggle it back and forth. There would probably still be people who take advantage of it when turning in missions but at least you’d have some kind of penalty to your time by doing that.

Other than that it’s not really an easy problem to solve. About the only fool-proof thing to do would be to keep track of if you had it on when you accepted the quest, and then only let you make progress with it turned on. But I think that would be pretty painful in general just in terms of if you turn it on then take the quest, then get caught by some ganking, you’re basically stuck unable to progress in the game at all. We do want you to be able to switch back and forth pretty often since I actually think that will encourage more people to try PvP’ing (because the “risk” of doing it isn’t as high in terms of ruining your whole day or something). So I don’t know that we would to implement it to that degree.

1 Like

Mostly a separate idea, but PVP quests that take place in the world but only progress while PVP is enabled would be pretty neat. Maybe something simple and unobtrusive like a weekly mission from the battlegrounds guy.

1 Like

Has it be considered to not give extra xp by turning in missions but to actually boost the xp gained while out in the overworld killing monsters or doing events? I personally am not a huge PvP person but I have had it on the entirety of this Beta and still very rarely run into other PvP’ers. I personally don’t feel as if I am gaining anything more than those without PvP on. At least I don’t think it is easily noticeable while out killing monsters.
A 15% boost sounds like a lot but it is most obvious when getting large xp at once (mission turn in and events). The small xp gained by killing monsters, not so much. The Dev’s have made it clear that the main way of gaining xp quickly is to do the missions. If that is set to be equal among PvP and non-PvP players then would there be an issue with only making events (or non-safe zones) and monster kills give a 20% to 25% boost in xp for PvP being on?
You could also negate the boost for dungeon runs as the character is not exposed to extra risks with PvP on.

What if you just do a check when someone gets a percent to check to see if PvP is turned on. If they completed any percentage of the mission with pvp turned on, they get credit for it.

Yeah that was another thought that came to mind. So make it so you only get the bonus if you had PvP on when you got credit for at least one step in the process. That might work.

1 Like

Another option would be to get rid of the xp boost for mission turn ins, and instead give a massive boost to public events, with the exception of the high step gate one
That way only people who go out into the world with pvp on get a xp boost

Hm what sense would that make, I ran into pvp-ers alot when doing events, some agreed not to fight, some did and we lost 1 person, gj, and basically they barely could do it properly without harming themselves because of AoEs, missing out on healing etc. … events are a group activity, pvp is literally just a hindrance for them.

I personally think it makes some sense. The events are partially safe zones, I think, making friendly fire obsolete.

Being wary and or creating temporary alliances by sending party invites is what I have been doing and is part of the appeal of having pvp turned on. Also creates a better sense of working as a group and not a bunch of individuals. Once in a party I am able to heal anyone. I usually know to not use poison when “helping” another pvp’er. It is part of the learning curve.

This is just an incentive for having PvP on and not leaving openings to “cheat” the system.

The AH is very broken right now

The window for the AH in the overworld will display the same thing for anyone that is there, so they can change what is populated for you so with more than 1 person there it’s hard to find what you are looking for unless you are looking for the same thing

I couldn’t Buyout items if the Bid was the same price as the Buyout, it will say “ERROR: The new bid must be higher than the old previous bid”

The error message clips through the drop down box

I clicked Buyout for 2 Sunfish listed for 1750 Dram, it took 1785 Dram for me, I clicked Buyout for 2 Ridgeback listed for 3500 Dram, it took 3570 Dram for me, I think the buyer is getting charged the AH fees instead of the seller

1 Like

I’m filing these bugs, so thank you very much for reporting - with regards to the buyout price and money taking you, there are two fees in the auction house, one that is paid by the seller and one by the buyer right now, so that’s not a bug. The others are on the list though, we’ll get that fixed.

I sent in a bug with the launcher so you had the logs. I reinstalled launcher 2.79 and it fixed the issue. I was unable to see NPC’s and could not log out or go to graveyard. I was still able to interact with other players. I have run into the inability to log out a few times before.