Beta 6 Patch 2.90

The way i see it is that mages will still be the best at killing mutli mobs hands down, just not as good as before. But at the same time they will still have high single target dps, which i will be testing when i get the chance.

Also has anyone actually tested affinity yet?

Allow you to store potions of forgetfulness in the talent window in a slot designed for them only , up to X for no weight. And allow two trees you can swap between costing 1 potion to do so.

There needs to be a tradeoff and I think it is a good dram sink.

I donā€™t think you carrying more potions on you would be that game breaking.

I for one will not be changing my spec mid dungeon so it does not effect me , but some ease of life for my hard-core pals that is balenced seems appropriate.

I just donā€™t want it becoming the meta ā€¦ Iā€™d rather not have 4 potions of forgetfulness alongside my emp strikes int str etc.

I would prefer 2 pre set specs over using potions personally.

3 Likes

That is what I intended by my comment , just consumes the potions as the material cost for the Talent swap. Edit: (without the need to drink it, like a runemage reagent )

If no cost exists then there is really no point of having specs at all. Everyone gets everything.

The premade specs would be a god send asigning specs in pvp too.

1 Like

Using that potion all the time will be so super annoying, but this is exactly what will happen after this big change for mages ā€¦

1 Like

everyone always talked about how the talents were just insta pick with one tree being the best, and how they wished both were viable, but now that this has happened everyone is complaining about have 4 extra potions, even after having a full set of gear from all classes reduced down to only 4 pounds. that means you have over 30 pounds of space for pots

6 Likes

I donā€™t much care for potion usage either. Thatā€™s why dual spec would be great. Not just for mages either.

1 Like

Ccccombobreaker
ā€¦
ā€¦
Can we get a High Rez texture pack that makes the ground textures closer to Original Orbus ?

I do not like the ms paint 2 tone color pallet of current Reborn ground textures. (Edit: I would also like a slider to darken some of the pastel colors of highstep. The world is too bright and cheerful for my liking. )

I am fine if it drops My fps 20+
Have a checkbox. ā€˜Use Resource Intensive Ground Textures with 2d flower and grass spritesā€™

I want it.

4 Likes

FWIW: I was a bit disappointed by at the lack of ground cover in Reborn over the first beta I played. The flat painted ground leaves the world feeling empty. This should be a slider for ground cover (grass, flowers, bushes, rocks, etc) density from Off to max to support systems with all spectrum of graphical capabilities.

3 Likes

I agree with more ground stuff , but if larger items like bushes / rocks are included that might make pvp awkward. Using clutter that is not there on oponents screen to break Line of Sight.

Then we would have pubg nonsense where meta would be play on low with no clutter >. <

Tho Iā€™d probably still make that teadeoff to have a more Purdy world.

Oh totally agree, I meant like small rocks and shrubs underfoot.

1 Like

instead of decreased mages dot damage why dont to balance both mages talent with or without dots

So will a single mage still be able to stack three Afflictions on a single target normally?

1 Like

They may have a minor role but you could likely kill a trash group just as quick if not quicker with affinity triplicity over true affliction triplicity. This is due to the fewer dots we can apply all we have to do is shoot triplicity frost 2 fire 2 spam until they die, and with 2-3 mages in a group things would die roughly as fast. The only time to consider really using true affliction is when there are 5 trash mobs or in PVP (PVP is even debatable as the dots can be used by a paladin to their advantage). Any more mobs or any less mobs and you might as well just use affinity.

as long as I can still make DRAM by doing my dungeons in a meta fashion then i dont mind.

Yes, no change there.

1 Like

Personally I would find it annoying to have to switch back and forth between specs between every boss, even if it were free.

2 Likes

Honestly. Dot spreading should just be baked into the class entirely. If there are 2 options for aoe vs single target, then switching will happen either way. This is just going to make that easier.

RPGā€™s became like that during the early lifespan of WoW, where choices lacked impact. I think itā€™s a misstep. Might as well get a macro that just auto selects class, loadouts, and casts optimal rotations on correct targets while eating pizza, and votekick anybody without the right addon, it simplifies the dungeon process a lotā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: any step in those directions is fairly slippery slope stuff when it comes to guaranteed meta and lack of variation, turning RPGā€™s into mobile tap games

4 Likes

I would frankly love to see more variety in play styles. It may be a balancing nightmare, but I donā€™t particularly like seeing just two choices every few levels and one is clearly the better option. Would love to see more impactful trees, perhaps with more selectable talents across the board. Like 1 every 3 levels or something, with some of those being the major effects we see on some classes now while others are minor adjustments that make you feel good about leveling and feel that you have some control over your class.

Like for Shaman, the first set of talents is about the stun orb. No option for people who donā€™t want to use the stun orb

2 Likes