Beta 6 Runemage Feedback

This polymorph bug was happening to all mobs for us just now and they always teleported to us once polymorph expired.

The resurrection scroll in the library was glitching out for me. It appeared blank if I looked at it straight on. I had to rotate it to see it. Also, if I dropped it, it would fall through the shelf and onto the floor, then fall through the floor and disappear until I relogged.

There is a bug where certain mages appear to be casting into the floor when they are actually hitting the correct target. I’ve heard it happening to a few other mages and myself as well. This is causing other players to not see my spell casts and run into them.

Seeing this a TON in dungeons.

I also experience this every now and then even without other players in the area…

So I do notice that a very tricky thing of the runemage is still “when can I press the second time to release the spell?”. You can press the release button twice fast and the spell will not come of your wand because your second press was too soon (so I just keep spamming still to release it the fastest or wait way too long before the second press :expressionless:).

A single press release would fix that as I mentioned in the past. Buuuut I also notice that when you listen for a perfect cast sound you know you can press the second time. Because human brains react faster on sound then visual stimulus, it always feels like an annoying delay to release a spell when you don’t cast a perfect spell (where you have to use your visual only to determine when to release the spell).

So I was thinking why not add a separate sound for non-perfect casts too? (Although, changing it to a single press would be better but a lot more trouble for the devs then just adding an audio queue :upside_down_face: )

3 Likes

Would be nice if we could just try it with the single press, it’s still in the beta, so why not :woman_shrugging:? i also Think that would be way easier for us with a single press, but a sound maybe would help a bit at least

2 Likes

Wow, casting is quicker and feels so smooth. I’ve only messed around a little bit with it, to caveat not having ample time to notice problems if I were going to as of this post.

The runemage tutorial popup thing to show me how to cast fire 1, while it shows the trigger pull to draw the spell, does not give any indication about what button to press afterward or to shoot. The signs in the Fellowship Courtyard also do not cover that missing bit of information. goes to double check no wait, yes it does. Can that be in super bold or highlighted? I pride myself on reading everything thoroughly and it appears I glazed over that >.> those that read fully seem to be a bit on the rare side, and I’m a bit ashamed I missed that myself at first glance.

I don’t think the bird skull wand is the best first wand since the skull can obscure view of lines, and new mages will likely need to really be able to see as clearly as a lot of the later ones allow.

In the fellowship courtyard, fireball 1 will not go into the journal as a page. I tried putting away the journal and trying again (I had started at the other end of the row and checked for each one, so pushback, icelance, affliction, and (crashed with Orbusvr.exe not responding when I put my headset back on to check the order of the spells I successfully put in my journal before fire 1 wouldn’t, sent the crash log, just wanted to add here that when I logged in I reappeared directly in front of the fireball 1 pillar when I had crashed after having stepped to the side toward the wall to start writing this) so those first 3 went into the journal fine, came here to say fireball 1 didn’t, retries fireball 1 fireball 1 still says no.

Going to the other side, greater fireball to greater frostbolt all entered the journal fine. What are the chances the Fellowship Courtyard could only have the beginner spells? I am glad that the tier 3 aren’t in here, nor all of the tier 2, and I know frost 2 and fire 2 are very popular to be taught to beginner mages, but maybe they could be nearby outside the gates? I would vote to have only fire 1, frost 1, affliction 1, mana shield, and pushback in here. Torn between icelance being right in here with frost 1 or nearby outside.

The Light spell no longer floats in the air. Instead it just keeps flying like a normal projectile, and ends if it collides with an obstacle.

Pushback can push enemies through walls. I was just able to push a tree guy through the walls of highsteppe.

I’m liking how much easier and intuitive it is to self-cast Mana Shield and Cleanse.

Am I the only one that sees mages arcane blast, the AOE, as a fully broken mechanic in both pvp and pve? I have seen a Palladin rush around a area gathering every mob, and then a single mage takes down the group of about 40 enemies in seconds by spreading frost and affliction stats to everything.

The range is enormous, easy to aim, undodgeable, and there is no cool down. The combo and spread options are massive, the damage is outrageous!

How is this not a problem?

@Burnator no-one sees it as a big PvE problem because it making things easier and no other player gets a direct disadvantage from it (unlike PvP). It is not a problem but almost an exploit XD. So people just :zipper_mouth_face: And the few times that it gets mentioned in the past it doesn’t trigger the devs so :man_shrugging:

We’re aware of the issue and working on solutions already in both PvP and PvE. We’re just more worried right now during the Open Beta with dealing with issues affecting brand new players, but after the Open Beta ends tonight this week we’ll be working on tuning, balancing, and dungeon stuff again.

I thought the reborn beta servers shut down next week?

@Xicor the open beta stops tonight but the closed beta for the players who bought the normal game like you will conitnue until the 8th of april.

just as a heads up for when you start doing the tiles(Artificing) for the classes if you haven’t done it already. we’ll need a faster timing rune for runemage. some of us are able to cast too fast for the M rune(2 spells a second) to proc.

Then use the 1 second one

there is no faster one, we tested with runesight potions and there was literally no delay rune between the spell runes

There definitely are faster runes, i use them with rapidity (they’re the same for every class). Although i haven’t played with tilesets on reborn yet so if there really aren’t might be a bug.