Beta 6 Runemage Feedback

There is a graphical bug for frost 3. If you cast the spell(do not launch the spell) it appears TINY. Only from the POV of the one who casted it. It returns to normal size when launched. Also jester orbs look pretty weird now

Whenever I cast icelane and after I launch it the animation saying icelance is ready to use is still there.

I’ll get a fix for that in the next patch.

Yes there has always been a runemage delay of which you cannot start to cast another spell after you send a spell flying.

When you’re new you don’t have 50 dram and you can’t do the tutorial to earn dram cause the very first task has you using your pick axe to collect mushrooms. It takes a fair bit of searching to find where to buy as well. So glad you can fix it.

Whatever you changed did the trick; the new casting is fantastic. I haven’t had a chance to test in areas with high player concentrations but I’m not getting any extra delays around highsteppe. I haven’t had any duplicate spells yet either.

The Empowered spell effect now grants a 15% damage boost

So you’re clearly trying to buff the Affinity talent, because no one takes it, but I don’t see this changing anyone’s mind. True Affliction just does so much damage, that a 15% damage boost on empowered isn’t enough to beat it out.

For example, The fire DoT, for me does about 20% of my fireball’s damage PER TICK, and you get at least 1 tick per second. That’s the fire DoT alone. The single-target damage boost you get from True Affliction is enormous, which ironically seems contradictory since you’ve said that Affinity is supposed to be the single-target damage option.

Let me break down the situations where you’d use Affinity vs True Affliction.

True Affliction is better for:

• Solo vs single-target: True affliction does way more damage
  • Solo vs group: True affliction is the only viable option for runemage AoE.
  • Party vs single-target: Affinity’s magic defense debuff does a lot of work in parties, but True Affliction does such an inordinate amount of damage, that Affinity still can’t keep up.
  • Party vs group: True affliction is AoE so it wins.

Affinity is better for:

• Party vs single-target, when someone else already has True Affliction: Affinity is better here, but only because True Affliction doesn’t stack. This is the only case where Affinity is better.

If you want to make Affinity a decent option, and True Affliction not a default pick, then True Affliction needs less single-target damage. You’d need something like making True Affliction lower your direct damage in exchange for the damage over time, such that the overall single-target dps is lower than Affinity. For example, that might look something like “You deal 50% less damage with fireball and frostbolt, but fireball and frostbolt deal 120% of their damage dealt over x seconds.” If you did that, however, then you’d need to allow multiple players to stack DoTs so that True Affinity doesn’t become garbage in groups.

Fireworks no longer has a sound effect when it explodes.

The animation for Ice Lance sticks to the wand even after the spell is gone. The bug is only visual. You can continue to cast spells, even with the animation on the wand.

If you cast Pushback and look high into the air, there’s a glowing green flickery effect that floats in the air directly above the pushback effect.

You probably already know this, but there’s still no runestones for Resurrection, or for the Teleport starting rune.

there is in game now, its just not with the pillars… its on some scrolls…

1 Like

whatever you changed yesterday… please keep it… No more double spells and i am able to cast as fast as some of the US mages i play with / have seen playing :slight_smile: . There is still a slight delay and sometimes when i draw the spells dissapear still but nethertheless… it is ALOT better and playable again.

note: on peak hours ill test more and let you know… I hope performance is the same.

The spell release is better. My spell lines are disappearing constantly and making it very difficult to cast when there are multiple players near me. At a public event, when a lot of players show up, there is a ton of lag. I even have my settings on low.

1 Like

Your spell lines are disappearing constantly? Can you be more specific? Like you’re in the middle of drawing something and it just goes away?

I’ll start drawing and the first part of my spell line will disappear causing me to fail the cast. I’ll try to record it next time I’m on, to show you what I mean.

Any updates on fixing the frost 3 graphic bug? (When you cast but not release frost 3) it’s very small. It returns to normal size after you release it.

Something I remember from yesterday was my polymorph spell would make the target hit disappear once polymorphed, then when the spell wears off it’s a 50/50 chance that the target is where it was polymorphed or it teleports right next to you.
And casting a mage portal for myself and a friend, we stepped in at the same time, I got teleported and he stayed in the same zone but all monsters had disappeared, he ran back to highsteppe and the doors wouldn’t open, I think he finally fixed it when he used his cookie(self teleport to player house)

This polymorph bug was happening to all mobs for us just now and they always teleported to us once polymorph expired.

The resurrection scroll in the library was glitching out for me. It appeared blank if I looked at it straight on. I had to rotate it to see it. Also, if I dropped it, it would fall through the shelf and onto the floor, then fall through the floor and disappear until I relogged.