Beta Branch Available for Testing on Steam

I tried the beta today, and i kept crashing after a few minutes ingame. i don’t see an email to send the crash logs, so if you want them, contact me.

You can send them over to [email protected] thanks!

1 Like

Thanks, it’s done.

Good luck ^^

The Beta branch has been updated with the latest changes from Main as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Just pushed some additional code to this branch with hopefully some more crash fixes. Thanks!

2 Likes

i played a bit and no more crash for me, on the latest beta

Great, glad to hear it!

No crashes here, but wasn’t crashing randomly other than server desync crashes.

My concern is that whenever I was trying the beta branch, the number of reprojected frames/dropped frames increased by 10%.

Hmmm that’s weird. Remind me again of your specs? And are you using SuperSampling? Also when you say it increased by 10% do you mean like 0% to 10% or…?

The beta branch is an updated version of Unity and has a thing called “GraphicsJobs” enabled that is supposed to be less CPU-bound (which is probably why people with i5’s and whatnot are reporting improved performance with it). I don’t know why that would cause worse performance though.

Super sampling at 1.0 so no.

Increase of 7-10% in addition to the previous 1-3% to a total of 10%+…

The data I collected was only over 5 days so its not long term, 3 days on beta branch, two days not, alternating.

Specs are i7 3770k and 1080gtx.

I’d have to do more testing but I thought I’d mention it. I also noticed that the data might be skewed since there seem to be no hard cap on graphical renders so that a large number of players in one area (20 for example) all firing their stuff can result in large FPS drops. So perhaps the +% is a little lower than the 7-10% but still an increase.

The Beta branch has been updated with the latest changes in the new patch as well now, FYI. Thanks!

What are you using to capture your reprojection rates?

Advanced Settings module for SteamVR

I just pushed out a patch to this branch that catches it up to the Main branch (mostly fixing that bug where you couldn’t get close to Markos), and also has some fixes which should go live to the main branch Monday, including a final fix for the tooltip-not-appearing issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.