Big Question Regarding Orbus Reborn and Legacy Items

I’m sure some of this info will be included with the expected upcoming blog post, but given that we’re running out of time on the current Orbus world, I’d like to ask this ASAP.

Would it be possible to let us know what items (if any) are going to be Legacy items that are expected to never return/no-longer-drop (or not in the foreseeable future), vs items that we know for sure will be available in the new world? Even if it’s categorical?

• Gear has been discussed as changing
  • Crafting materials have been discussed as being available in both and being expanded in the new world
  • Pets (Especially special raid dropped pets? In other words, if we don’t manage to get the 1% drop, will we never be able to get these again?)
  • One off items like Jester Orbs and Narwhal Horns?
  • Keys? (Both house keys if we own several homes, and quest keys for accessing new areas?)
  • Recipes? (Actually, how will the journal work? Should we get everything we can unlocked in it or will it not matter due to being reset or everything still being available?)
  • Capes?
  • Potions?
  • Shards?
  • Dyes?
  • Quest items?
  • Anything I’m missing?

Fundamentally, if things like rare pets and specific capes are not expected to be sourced in the new world, any completionists in the population are going to need to really get in gear to get it all by the time the world as we know it ends, and the more information we have on this, the better off we can plan. A lot of the player base is super invested, and it would be a shame if someone missed out on getting something that may never return.

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

Well I guess there are a few different categories to that answer.

First off, you’ve got things that won’t be in the new game at all. So like, even if you have it in your inventory when Reborn starts, it would just be gone because it doesn’t matter anymore. That would be stuff like dungeon shards, quest items, and keys. Like, there is no point to us having keys for things that don’t exist anymore in the game, so when you login those just won’t be in your inventory anymore at all.

Secondly, you’ve got things that are just going to come through pretty much unaltered from a “completionist” standpoint, but might be used for different stuff or still widely available or something like that. That’s all ingredients, potions, dyes, Jester Orbs, fish, etc. Pets also fall into this category, for example the dragon breeding system will allow you to get any dragon still other than the ones that are already exclusive like KS dragons. Windup pets like the ones for the Raid dungeon would not be available until we bring back that raid as a retro thing, though.

Gear is sort of a special category in that as I said we are re-doing all the gear to work with the new avatars, but we will be bringing forth at least some of the gear from the current game (although perhaps re-imagined slightly if needed to match the new system) as transmog variants. So you would just want to have that transmog unlocked when the current game ends. It’s very likely there will also be ways to get that in the new game as well though (so for example when we bring back Tradu Mines-inspired gear, there will be a Tradu Mines dungeon to run to get that transmog unlocked or something). The timing on that may not line up exactly though (e.g. we’ll bring back the transmog first, and the retro dungeon later).

So the final category would be stuff that’s actually coming through to the new game, and which you would only be able to get by playing the current game (e.g. you will miss out on it if you don’t get it now). The only things that would fall into that category would be capes. I don’t really have an exact idea at this point of what capes will also be available in the new game and which won’t, but I will try to get a list made.

So I guess with all that in mind, if I were a completionist I would focus on capes. And then getting pets and armor from the higher level stuff as well if you want to make sure you’ll have it absolutely as soon as it’s available in the new game, but as I said the plan would be to have the Crypt Raid make a re-appearance as a fun activity you can run and still earn those pets as well. But it might be much harder to do at that point, I don’t really know.

2 Likes

Sounds great, thank you for taking the time to share those details!

Will the Jester Orbs still drop in Reborn though or will they need to be farmed now?

There will still be some way to get them. Is it going to be harder than it is now? Unknown.

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up

I still need to get one. I can never get the drop lol

so will all potions be retaining their use and usability?

I think I said this already in the original announcement thread, but they will all keep working. But for example a Healing Potion that’s good at Level 20 won’t be great at Level 30, just like any MMO that expands.

So your current max-level potions are no longer going to be max-level, and there will be additional new ingredients needed to make those new potions as well.

Also to be clear, some of them (like for example Invisibility or Pack Mule) may change depending on what we want to do with them or re-balance them.

ok thnks, just wanted to confirm for all of the pots and not just the main ones

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.