Blank Menu Windows

Greetings!

During Character Selection, the window next to ‘New Character’ is completely blank as well as every Settings menu in-game and the ‘You are dead’ window, having no option to respawn or any text whatsoever. In my inventory screen, on the left window where you equip your gear, my name is shows up really big overlapping everything. Is there anyway to fix this? I’m currently running the latest patch and I’ve tried restarting the game a couple of times but to no avail.

Thank you!

Hi, we pushed out a patch to fix related issues recently, have you tried restarting your launcher and seeing if it had an update for you?

Hey, thanks for your reply!
I restarted it a couple of times but it didn’t fix the issue.

Hi, having troubles with empty menues as well. Downloaded a fresh launcher (2.07) this morning but still no visible options in settings menu. Also both my trigger buttons are active all the time and with every move of my hands i open the menu.
I play on the Vive.

yeah it’s been broken all day for some of us, for now if you scroll down with the slider on the right of the menu you’ll eventually see the options and works fine (same with respawn/party invites).
Also the trigger is bugged for all vive users, you can disable the gesture that opens the menu in the options to get rid of it.

1 Like

I even altered my decimal separator to period in regional settings, just to make sure the still-missing menus are not also related to this. But nope, still all blank. What changed since the patch is, I can interact with Sicilus now, buttons on this tab are on the right place and my inventory got no black background anymore.

What is persisting is a) a big “Metris” written over my character tab and b) like OP mentioned, no menus whatsoever in the general, graphics, audio etc. section.

EDIT: Menu options are actually there, didn’t get what Shiki meant but only saw it now, options are scattered over meters, showing way way down the tab with lots blank lines in between… once I get the little scroll bar to attach to my finger I can slowly access it but it is major fiddling.

Here is also a picture of the You are dead window - which is especially painful because I got no clue how to handle the scroll-bar it doesn’t really react well to pointing, clicking or grabbing gestures. After a minute of fiddling it finally jumps to the very bottom where the reawaken is located. Before I found that the scrollbar isn’t completely broke, the only option to play on was to delete my character.

Hi, just to clarify does this affect every UI panel? Could anyone post a screenshot of the character screen or the options menu? I know there was one posted very early on somewhere but it got lost in the hundreds of posts haha.

We thought this was related to the main menu problems before but it seems separate, so we are tracking it down.

It affects all the in-game options and the revive/party invite screen. Inventory (except the left part with the stats) and character creations were fine for me

This affects all the four settings panels: General, Locomotion, Audio, Graphics.

It also affects the You are dead note and, from reports, similar notes like group invite, friend request etc.

Here is yesterday’s screenshot of the character screen, what is fixed so far is only that the black background turned to white since last patch, Metris is still written all over the place, though, also the stats are not placed properly:

Thanks! that was the screenshot I was looking for.

Got it, thank you. We’ll figure out what’s going on with that.