Bleed, when does it proc?

Can someone explain musket bleed please. ratio seems to be like 1 in 30? for four ticks of 200 at 19… Are you just teasing us with more aggressive solo viability?

Bleed is better for Rangers. I get a decent amount of bleed procs off of my shots. It’s a nice damage bonus.

Cowboy is right. Bleed is for big hitters like rangers and mages. It seems like most effects are more geared towards the mages and rangers. Not much special you can get as a musketeer or warrior on a weapon except unbending.

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I will just be happy when it does, and otherwise wonder why it is on my weapon.

I watched a lvl 20 ranger tonight fire 75 shots to get to his first bleed proc. That was after he said it was over 100 the first go 'round. Then watched a warrior hit it every 15ish… What gives?

Bleed procs? How can you tell? I haven’t noticed anything on my mage

Warrior here. I’ve been testing bleed pretty extensively over the past few days. As far as I can tell, it seems to only be worthwhile on warrior for reasons I’m not entirely sure of.

Warriors typically get a bleed proc every four or five combos (25ish attacks). These procs deal half the damage of the attack that proc’d the bleed per tick over five ticks. Each tick can crit. This results in an expected 3x damage of the attack that proc’d bleed.

This means that a bleed could be around 1000 damage, or if you get lucky and get a proc on a wound crit, 10000.

For some reason, I have watched rangers and musketeers regularly have to attack upwards of 70 times before getting a bleed proc. I’ve also heard a runemage complain that he was getting 200 damage ticks on lvl 20 ice lances, which seems insanely low given how hard it is to even get a proc to begin with on runemage.

It seems to be useless on all other classes and crazy strong on warrior. I’ve noticed a really significant dps increase since getting one and had a set of sentry runs earlier today where I held non-scripted aggro 100% of the time while playing with a warrior who had giant killer. Both of us were just spamming wound. Aggro for this boss normally juggles around between warriors, so this really stood out to me.

Balance wise, I’ve been really enjoying being able to use bleed to do damage comparable to runemages on my warrior with the small shield. I wanted to play a damage style melee dps class when I started the game and this affix has pretty much let me do that lately without feeling inferior to runemage/ranger. Since this is about right where small shield warrior should sit I hope it gets buffed for other classes rather than nerfed for warrior, and I hope the class rework/skill trees helps dps warrior be a thing without needing a super rare affix.

If you get a bleed sword on your warrior though, enjoy it while it lasts.

To be honest… every 70 hits for a ranger is roughly every 25 secs for me. Ill check my dps vids and confirm that but it seems strong for ranger/archers.

I bleed proc more than that, usually. It’s just RNG

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.