Bonus XP Week Has Begun!

The Bonus XP Week has officially begun! All XP in-game (from killing monsters, quests, and everything else) has been boosted by 50%. If you’ve been playing for a while and just haven’t hit 20 yet, or want to level up another class, this is a great time to do it.

The Bonus XP Week will last through next Wednesday, June 6th at around 12 PM US Central Time.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Time to go ding everything to 20!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

Is this reflected in the XP that’s displayed when a mob dies? I was just in with a bunch of people and we weren’t really seeing a difference.

Yeah, can confirm that this bonus xp is not noticeable at all.

If you have a level 19 tell me how much exp you get from wilds; when i calculated you normally get around 800 xp from wilds enemies as a 19. If this is the case you should get 1560 xp from enemies first adding 30% exp bonus then adding 50% bonus, you should be in the ballpark if 1440 xp per kill and 1560 xp per kill.

1 Like

That was about my calculations as well, and we were not seeing anything near that today.

Hmmm…I just triple-checked and the code is definitely there, it’s a straight-up 50% bonus right before it’s added to your character.

I will hop in game and do some quick testing to confirm.

So I just went Fishing and gained 60 XP (instead of 40 XP). The way it’s implemented it’s a straight-up +50% at the moment you gain XP so it should be working for everything. Are you sure your numbers of what it was giving you before are correct, keeping in mind that the amount of XP you gain is based on the relative rating of the monster as well as if you were receiving a class bonus before?

I just went back 4 months in my videos and looked, killing a snake solo in the desert wilds as a level 19 Warrior, which was my first class, gave me 878xp. As a ranger last week at level 19 it was giving me about 1100.

And what’s it giving you tonight as a 19 Ranger when you kill that same snake?

Hit 20 with my ranger last week, and my mage is 18. I’d try, but there is no way I can solo kill a snake with my mage lol.

Ah okay. Well I guess what are you using to determine it’s not working?

Time metric mostly. I stream for about the same amount of time every day (4-6 hours) and I know that for my first 20, it took about 6 hours with warrior to get from 19-20. For my second, ranger, it took me about about 4 or 5, and today, at level 18 on my mage it didn’t even feel slightly faster. In 4 hours I didn’t even get a level and I started with some xp. It just didn’t strike me as a noticeable difference. I was in groups the whole time, so I can’t compare raw single target solo kill xp, but based on what I was getting in groups (and comparing that to what I’ve been getting in groups in the past), there is no way I would be getting around 1500 xp per solo kill.

Okay, well I added some additional logging to verify 100% that it is working with this morning’s patch, so I will take a look at that. But obviously your test case has a looot of variables that play into it so it’s entirely possible it just didn’t feel noticeable to you but it is working.

EDIT: I have added the logging and it is definitely working just fine.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.