Boss 4 reset on going to kill it

We just cleared 3rth hell and the boss immediately reset!!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

We definitely 200% would have killed the boss, but no it reset…

Thanks devs. We claimed killing boss 4 berfore the nervs, but I guess there is an anti kill “mechanic” in!!!

9 Likes

Yes don’t nerf, just fix the resetting issue. We were in the clear for kill already.

3 Likes

We just finished the last hell on hard mode boss 4 and it leashed hard mode. I’ve got recording as proof.

4 Likes

Come on devs, how the F*** does this happen, we have recording as proof too. It would 100% have been a kill.

8 Likes

as part of the group we got through blue shield and WE DID ALL THE MECHANICS CORRECTLY KEEP IN MIND so I’m expecting at least a title PLEASE or a cape just anything because IT WAS LITERALLY A FREE KILL we’ve been at this for the past month and its complete BS that we got this far just for the boss to say no

4 Likes

on a side not, I really disagree with nerfing it, please don’t…It’s very killable atm(aside from the boss straight up reseting).

5 Likes

We did everything, went to third hell and cleared it. As soon as we spawned back to the boss it leashed?!?!?!?

4 Likes

The boss leashed after we finished all phases and all hells. Would have been killed already if not for reset bug. Please fix.

4 Likes

Hi, we’re really sorry that happened so close to beating the boss and we understand your frustration.

We have been made aware about this issue in the past when the raid originally launched, and we put out an attempted fix around that time and had not seen it reported in a long time so we thought it resolved.

After your report, we looked at the logs and didn’t find any immediate errors, but if you can share the video with us (you can upload it unlisted and PM it to me, or share the link in a PM with us) we will look at it and investigate deeper on what has happened so we that we can get that fixed when we find out what is causing it.

Just killed it, didn’t bug out second time :partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

We just killed it on the last try :partying_face:

2 Likes

also there’s a typo in the text. Should be inflamed, not infamed.

8 Likes

Infamed sephotep :slight_smile:

We were able to sneak in a quick fix for this in today’s patch.

8 Likes

Possible theory why the boss was leashing:
It can be that the boss is searching for the number 1 player on aggro, but the number 1 player on aggro is still in hell, because people load out of hell in order. And the main tank loads in one of the latest. If the boss starts searching the main tank when the main tank is still in hell, it can not find a path to the main tank, and leashes.

Why it doesn’t happen every time? It is because IF the boss is still shooting orbs at the portal it will not be searching for a player yet. But when it is just about to switch from orb location, it will instead search for the main tank and leashes instead, because the main tank is still in hell…

6 Likes

Also we sometimes had an orb fly into the sky away. And we found out that some people were dying from those flying orbs like 5 minutes later. So maybe there is an hitbox of the player left behind in hell for an infinite amount of time. Which might also explain the boss leashing if that hitbox is the main tank.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.