Boss 5 expert down but only 2 people got a cape?

I agree, please change it before reborn, or else there will be people beating expert boss 5 and not have a cape and they won’t have the chance to get it during reborn…and to be one of those people practicing hours and hours, it sucks to not get the cape! We have to be just about perfect to beat expert boss 5.

3 Likes

I’m fairly certain that Riley has said the bosses are likely to make a comeback in reborn eventually, probably for the purposes of obtaining legacy pets and capes.

I think the devs would only agree with changing the drop rate to 100% now if not a single person gets salty from any time they killed boss 5 on any difficulty and still not having the cape. But if they change it to 100% now, the unlucky non-cape people will complain (or even get angry).

I’m sure it was said that if they came back it wouldn’t drop the capes

Yes please!

1 Like

but back to the topic for Boss 5 expert, it should be a guaranteed drop, i mean it is the hardest and last boss in the game, and if you are able to beat it, you should get that cape. i (can) understand that the devs dont want to change the game code, or whatver right now, but then why not put the cape in the inventory of the player who killd it? manually by a dev, i mean thats are only a few people, and not 100 :wink: that would be fair

4 Likes

I don’t see why the cape drops for raid are not simply adjusted to 100% drop rate right now. That takes very little effort and solves the problem. It would be JUST fine if we have to burn a cape or 2 after running boss 5 several times. I’ve killed boss 5 hard mode 5 times now and not gotten a cape. I shudder to think how disappointed I’m going to be when I finally kill boss 5 expert and get just a token after all those hours of work and dram spent on potions.

Please consider making the cape drop rate change for Boss 5 raid mode 100% and do it ASAP.

2 Likes

According to aRkker’s magical numbers, over all difficulties the boss has been killed by 164 players, fun fact I guess (at least of those that have been searched on the armory)

I second this! Would be much easier than trying to back-track and reward those that have done it already, just make it 100% drop chance and let them go get it and if they have it they can just shard it, it only turns in to a Minor shard (which I always found weird about Epic capes) so they would be getting less dram from it than they would for a pitty dram drop

1 Like

I agree please make it to a 100% drop rate. That shouldn’t be hard to change… I think?

3 Likes

When hard mode cape was at 2,5% instead of 25% it was fixed very quickly, so it should be the same?

2 Likes

I think they want us to grind the boss…

Okay so we didn’t want to answer this question until we had talked about it thoroughly and were sure we could do it.

Later this week we will be changing the drop rate on the capes on the last boss in the raid on all difficulty levels to be 100%. In addition to that, we will be running a script where if you have killed the boss at least once (based on your internal kill log), we will put the cape for the boss difficulty into your inventory.

That means you may end up with an extra cape if you already got one, but we are okay with that in this instance.

I will provide more details when we get closer to doing this, but most likely it will be later this week on like Thursday or Friday.

We have decided to this specifically for the Raid boss because a) it’s really hard to defeat and b) the drop rate was already 50%, so it wasn’t supposed to be a situation like the pet or normal gear where we expected you to need to kill it 10 times to get a drop. Obviously we will be changing how this whole thing works in Reborn, but this is our best attempt at making it fair and fixing it in a way we can right now for the current game.

Thanks!

19 Likes

Nice solution Riley. This is going to make a lot of people very happy.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!! We appreciate it this so much!! We are so grateful!!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m so happy you’ve done this and I know many others will be too! Great to see the Dev team take our feedback and concerns seriously! Love it!

2 Likes

Well done, thank you very much! I absolutely support this decision in full. Anyone and everyone who has defeated Dethslatu on any difficulty level deserves the associated cape.

5 Likes

Great change! That will make many people happy. Also very cool that you are retroactively awarding capes to those that earned them.

5 Likes

Awesome! Great update, now if we could talk about the amount of dram dropped… lol

2 Likes

Okay so I just ran the script. You should have received a cape for each boss level that you have previously killed. If for some reason you didn’t get one and you think you should have let me know. Thanks!

Also, the drop rate on the capes for the Raid bosses is now at 100%.

10 Likes

Got it! Thank youuuu

Got it!! Thank you soooooooo much!!