Broken weapon affixes certain with extensive tests

I can’t remember where, could have been a DM or something, but we definitely asked about it during the beta and he said it was decreased in damage and increased in proc chance

Are tilesets working properly ?

Depends on what part you talking about. Tilesets themselves are working. You get the proper boosts that they should give. It is actually more complocated then it looks like on the surface. The tilesets can do less damage boost if there is interference for example. Which is caused by other tiles triggering in between.

But if we talking about being exact accurate in timing then no they are not working. I am talking about having an detection error of about 0.1 seconds depending on latency spikes. (Example: archer getting the Z tile triggered by shooting once every 0.9-1.9 second. The border of it triggering is 0.9 seconds. You can shoot an arrow once every 0.95 seconds and half the times Z is not triggering :roll_eyes:)

I looked at the logs and I do see both Lifesteal and Lightning Forged proccing. I think they may just not specifically show up in the combat logs right now. I will add some additional stuff so those specifically show up in the logs in the next patch so we can track this down better.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear! Are you planning on making any more changes to the combat logs before the raid? There are a lot of good suggestions/requests that have been made and it would be awesome to see a few of them in before the raid is released

1 Like

I think visuals would be amazing because you would have confirmation that you actually did something

Okay lifesteal does work but it is a joke. I shot a monster for 9 minutes with only a little bit of health lost and I could not recognize being healed after the whole fight. Also it seems like it is healing waaay too slow when it finally heals. This 9 minute fight gave me nothing of healing. Of-course it is not a replacement of a healer. But I can literally not think of a situation where lifesteal would be usefull here. If it can only heal you 5% up for a 9 minute fight not getting hit by the mob. @Riley_D

Where these combat lines just added? (In the past it never happened)

Proof of the test:

I would like to note that the dps will go up higher in a shard of-course and that would mean if I am VERY generious be about 10% of your health healed over a veryyyy slow boss fight. I would not be surprised if it is way less.

So with this amount of heal power I would love to hear from anyone a situation where it is useful in any way?

get your unbending refreshed on your legendary unbending lifesteal weapon on a fight you’re not using a healer

Unbending already refreshes with 1hp left. You will stay 1hp on another “death” moment (as long as there is enough time in between for unbending to be ready again).

oh, my bad. I’ve heard you had to be above 1 hp for it to start refreshing, I can’t think if any use cases then. :man_shrugging:

lol, yea… unbending is by far the best of all of the affixes.

1 Like

Untill he adds more bleed procs like on airship boss 2 line attack . They render it useless.

2 Likes

Are you also now seeing Lightning Forged procs show up in the logs? We also fixed it so that you should correctly see it doing damage to the other nearby enemies.

I think the general idea behind Lifesteal is that it’s not going to come close to replacing a healer (as you said), but it should provide enough healing that it could e.g. get you a little breathing room after taking like raid-wide damage or something like that. It procs based off of any hit so it’s going to work better for classes that have a higher hit-rate (e.g. Warriors would have it proc more often than Musketeers). I think it might make more sense to change it so that it is like a % of your health (e.g. 3% health everytime it procs or something like that), though.

I’ll be taking a look at the affixes overall when we do our balancing pass for the classes ahead of the Raid, for now let’s just make sure they’re actually working since that was the original concern and then we can make sure they’re effective.

I will test lifesteal when I can. Probably today but didn’t test it yet.

About this part. Classes that hit more have a more stable proc rate. But I am certain it is relative to the amount of damage you deal. So on average no matter how fast you hit a target, if your damage is not high then it is uselss. And that is 100% the case for a Warrior. So Warrior is the last class you want lifesteal on in the current situation. I would even argue that classes with more spike damage have way more use to it because if it does proc on a really high hit then you get at-least 5% of your health back once (which is still useless though).

This would accomplish the result you want way better. Because low dps classes can still ‘benefit’ from it like Warrior.

Talking about the raid wide damage and similar mechanics where the hope of Lifesteal being an option I would like to address that the following must be looked at:

• How much health back is sufficient to be useful in any way.
  • And then determine how much time that would take lifesteal to give back
  • If this time so too long to benefit on time for anything then the affix heal power is too low.

If it can not be useful in any of the situations made in the game without becoming too close to a healer alternative I would suggest not keeping this affix.

3 Likes

where be our promised affix rework? everything is still the same as oldbus with unbending charge striks and bleed being the only ones useful in any circumstance, with life steal only being talking about months into reborn

Imo it should be a full heal over about 2 minutes

Yes Lightning Forged works too now. But also in a questionable low amount. Needs to be looked at too for improvement.

I can only imagine what a medium damage high proc chance lightning forged dot mage would feel like if it had visuals… lightning everywhere :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.