Broker or Auction House NEEDED!

I been playing MMOS for many years and i found that the Auction house , or Broker what ever you want to call it is what drives an Economy in any game, Orbus only allows 10 to 20 players to sell stuff that is NOT good or fair and i think that a lot of players would agree with me we need a Broker that EVERYONE in the game can sell or buy not just few players…

what are you thoughts…

Thank you…

6 Likes

Yeah I’m actually curious as to how new players are suppose to gain money.
The stalls are basically “The rich get richer” type situation.

Basically a new player needs to sell person to person (Which is quite difficult) and then hopefully make enough money, with the increasing stall prices, to buy a stall?

3 Likes

i am not a programmer so i don’t know what it would take or how hard it is to add a Broker in the game but Justin got it perfectly…and i’m sure most if not all of the players want that…

I might just have to stand on the “meeeeurrrr…bo bo booooooooo” NPC box in Highsteppe and yell at people to buy my stuff lol

Yeah its a pretty poorly designed system which will only get worse with time.

I would like to be able to post offers for things i want to buy, as well as items for sale. It would be really nice to not have to individually check all the stalls when looking for items. This just feels like its adding a level of tediousness to the game, not immersion. If the devs are really set on keeping the stalls, i would suggest making an ebay like auction house which everyone could use, but put a delay on receiving the items (shipping time) and leave the stalls for instant last minute purchases. That way the stalls wouldn’t become totally irrelevant.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea at all. I’m also kind of confused, where do I buy any weapons or equipment? Is it the Raid person next to the apprentice? If so, those items don’t tell you any kind of armor info, or am I wrong? I’m pretty new, but when I looked I thought they were cosmetic items only and not sure if they were purchased with Dram or…i assume “Raid Money”.

I’ve just picked up some drops and that’s about it, granted I probably can’t afford much anyway. The stalls do appear rather expensive.

Back to topic, yes a nice simple Auction House would be perfect.

Well, you dont need stalls to be rich. The reason new players dont have money is as a deterrent to buy potions they dont need. If you want money you A. Sell shards B. Make fishing potions to sell to beginner fishers C. Just buy and sell to other players. Even if you dont want to sell potions to others in public you can aways sell the ingredients. Personally I’ve yet to come into a money crisis and the reason the rich get richer is because they actually take time to colect stuff and craft it. I’m not saying the system shouldn’t be improved, it would be nice if the tutorial taught you shards are for selling to npc’s and how to trade with others with money and items.

2 Likes

Hey there! In Orbus you don’t actually buy any weapons or equipment as they are all soulbound so you’ll have to rely on drops to gear up. The vendors that do sell gear only trade it for raid tokens from the end game raid.

True but you can also farm reagents from rainforest dungeon and if you know a stall owner you can sell them those reagents.

This has been on the want list by the community for a good while now. This is not the first, nor will it be the last thread on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah well, that’s good to know. As long as I’m not missing something.

Please, please, please put an auction house on the road map after this road map, it’s something we all want and need, there has been enough threads posted in the past to show that it’s something that is not only wanted by the community but something that is needed as the game grows

2 Likes

for a price less then he sells them… we want the ability to sell our OWN…

THEN WHY NOT DO IT??? right?

That’s called making a profit. If they sell them for 200 and they buy at 150 and we sell 10 reagents we get 1500 dram and they would get 2000 from stall sales which becomes a 500 dram profit. No one is going to buy something and sell it at the same price and those stall owners are always needing more things to sell so I don’t really get your point.

+++1 I found the stalls were nice for immersion, actually (perhaps could be kept/included, somehow, in an auction house system…?), but only for couple weeks. Then it got tedious to run all the way to guild city or hs and check every stall, not even doing that weekly anymore. And then dyes just pile up I likely won’t use, yet I lack time to sell them outside the game, and it’s too casual that I got things for sale to even think about a stall.

I understand if an auction house doesn’t come anytime soon, because it’s likely a ton of work, but seeing it on the roadmap would be nice! Some things are still missing from the market, most of the time, which would likely also change if everyone can be a seller.
Also those who like to trade would’ve a far wider range and amount of things to buy and sell than now. And, in the end, it would save devs the time to auction stalls monthly, too.

1 Like

I mean the Orbus market even though it does not have many offers can potentially help you find people who want what you have: check it out https://orbusmarket.com/

I think the orbus market site is tedious but the trade in discord is easy & convenient/ although out of game. I really wish more people would use it

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.