Bug or Intended? Ore node distribution

TL;DR: Ore sourcing varies wildly, with Linstanium being disproportionately rare compared to the others. Is this intended or a bug?

Similar to the question regarding wilds fishing lure parts, this is something that has come up embedded in other feedback a few times, but has lingered long enough that it warrants its own post.

Grathorp can be found across severals zones and locations in significant density (Ma’at’s Keep, outside Mao’s Sanctum, Desert Wilds, outside Jungle Temple area, etc) whereas Linstanium is effectively only found in a single location (spider island in the jungle) with a handful (~4) spawns on a long respawn timer.

The other 4 fall somewhere in the middle, with Cryejil spawning only in certain spots in Lamavora, but in very high density with relatively fast respawns. Nahomium is sparse in any given spot but is all over the desert. Obsidian and Knight’s Tear are throughout their respective zones, with a handful of spots with higher density.

Potential bugs here seem to be that in the jungle, some of the ore nodes are Grathorp instead of Linstanium, and the desert Wilds seems to be all Grathorp instead of a wider range of possibilities like Lucian Wilds which can have a few different types showing up. (And Lamavora Wilds have minimal ore nodes overall that I believe are always Cryejil or more Grathorp).

Thanks in advance for taking a look!

4 Likes

This
I found 6 one time and I was so excited lol.

2 Likes

Just gonna bump this real quick…

Linstanium is the only ore, potentially the only gatherable, that is rare at this point in time, and it can be extremely problematic. I remember as a lower level player just running through my current zone and gathering whatever I saw, however, I was never using any of it. I’m sure there are many others like me. This causes the linstanium spawns for people who need that resource specifically to not be able to gather it anywhere close to that of any other resource. As stated above, grathorp spawns practically everywhere super rapidly, meanwhile linstanium only spawns in a small area rather slowly. Is this intended?

Linstanium was used during the war, which left little resources behind

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.