[Bump] An old post about Fellowship capes

:point_up_2:
Would you like to see this implemented?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

It should cost real money to compensate for the time needed to do it. Like 49.99 per fellowship. That way it is for guilds that really want it.

1 Like

Normally I’d consider other options than paying more for an in-game feature in a game I paid for. However, that is time the devs would have to put aside to go through the countless guilds and dev time on put of that to add it to the game.

I’d agree with the fact it should cost some money to do. I have one concern though, what if the guild gets disbanded for whatever reason? Is there a refund policy or is that the end of it?

And maybe not $50 since the base game is $20 now (Price VS Value). I can’t see myself paying more than double for a simple cape (I paid $60 for the game I think but I’m basing it from today’s price).

It is up to the devs, I am just throwing it out there. I think people want too much for too little from most games.

The price of the game has no bearing on the cost of items. Many free games have $100 items in them.

1 Like

True, I’m all for it as long as it is reasonably priced.

On a side note, Why don’t people use the voting thing more?! It makes it way more easier to see what people think about an idea.

1 Like

$50 is unreasonable though. They would just need to design a template image (blank, white) and provide that to players. Players send them the filled cape and they implement it through some generic cape design they created. Once set up the entire process on the developer side could take less than a few minutes. In theory, their cape designs should already be like this. They have a mesh and slap on the texture, inherit from some cape class, set some attributes like rarity, name, etc, and implement it in the game.

There are only at most 50 active guilds in Orbus. If everyone of them bought a cape at $20. That is $1000 - 30% to steam = $700. So the dev would have to create a brand new unique guild based item system manage all the incoming files and create the items and deal with any bug issue that comes up for what is less than 1 person’s weekly pay.

Can be rewad for Fellowship Lv.5.

Yea which is why it a) should be a QOL improvement, not extra-payed in cash and b) likely won’t ever come, it’s too complicated to maintain. Also it does not fit to the current function of capes or renders them obsolete. These are mostly to show-off achievements so everyone would need to choose to drop that function for the fellowship cape. Then next the coolest fellowship cape might look horrible with your gear’s dye-color so in the end only half the fellowship or less would wear their cape and at that point well… it’s not so cool anymore.

If anything customized would be implemented I would hope rather a blank page in journal comes, to take notes, like, the time you put potions in or add lures notes to fish etc.

2 Likes

See this is Something i would like to see. Being able to take notes would make it easier to keep track of so many things instead of creating a new note for stuff

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.