Can the devs confirm Golden Egg is back in the rotation?

Now that I have your attention! We were told Golden Egg was back in rotation, yet we have yet to see it since it was changed. I LOVED this affix. The changes definitely should make it easier for everyone to deal with but we haven’t had the chance to try it out. Can the devs confirm it actually is back in rotation?

3 Likes

How dare you make me click on this im leaving slams door
opens door back up slightly I…I kinda want to know as well.

1 Like

Clickbait reeeeeeeeeeee!

1 Like

What is golden egg?

Also I think the shards are perfectly fine without golden egg now. It can come back with hopefully +20 dungeons.

3 Likes

Golden egg is an egg you have to pass around to the end I believe.

I wanna see that :rofl:

Basically what pyro said. There is a gold orb (golden egg) that spawn at the start of the shard. One player needs to pick it up and hold it. After holding it for so long, it starts to damage you, the long it’s held the more damage it does. You are supposed to pass it among players. If you drop the egg and do not pick it back up withing a certain time, it wipes the party. It’s a great amount of fun

2 Likes

Well… many who ‘loved’ golden egg were supposedly cheating it anyway, like one class holding it all the time. Which is likely still possible and then there’s no point.

• Standing in the entrance of the dungeon 30mins, tossing that thing around to no avail instead of playing, and then go out again with a downgraded shard is not something I miss.
  • The egg glitching out and vanishing somewhere, killing the group over and over is not something I miss. And I doubt this is really fixed and that is possibly why it was taken out for good.

A majority of players, after these experiences, decided golden egg week means not to play these shards, so nop I don’t miss that either ^^

What I really would love is if Golden Egg comes back as an OPTION, for ANY shard level, to toy around with it and learn what to do, without loosing high shards (hardmode lvl 1, 2 etc. shard up to 15), perhaps with a little extra loot reward.
We should be able to switch golden egg in on whatever shard we put, as an option.

I’d totally be up for that, but not as regular mutation. It’s not even a fair one since it’s so totally different than all the rest.

3 Likes

Please bring it back :slight_smile: I loved doing it and watching the rest of my guild do it. It was a blast and added a lot of light hearted fun.

1 Like

throw some spores in for good measure too =p

Better yet have it an option that if enabled (in addition to other mods) and dungeon completed the shard only degrades by 1 MAX no matter of time spent.

Disagree, least favorite thing I’ve had to do in a game. Made me quit for a while. But different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

What?
20?

So how does it work for tanks and classes like ranger?

Was a popular opinion before to just remove the level cap, add a fixed scaling, and see how far we can push it.

2 Likes

Rangers and Musk simply can’t do anything when holding it. Warrior I think could hold it in the shield hand, but Paladin was gimped from not being able to grab books. It’s just such an impractical thing. And you had to do this on bosses ugggg.

That was already changed. Egg can be fixed to a “slot” on the body allowing you to use both hands.

1 Like

Can you toss it like a shaman orb or do you have to waddle over like a retard when the sewer slime is chasing you? And what happens if you don’t?

You can toss it yes. If you don’t toss it, it will deal damage to you

How long can you hold it?