Can we talk about the Ranger's abilities (or lack of)?

That’s a shame. I’m going to run a few tests and see what kind of DPS it puts out. Next to smoke arrow, it’s gotta be my second least-used ability.

Has anyone run any sort of DPS trials on ranger to see which rotation does the highest damage? I’m interested in seeing how the different abilities stack up.

Yeah alot of ppl did their calculations. Basically piercing charged on weakspot is highest dps increase. Followed by poison arrow. Rotation wise without tilesets is shoot on the cooldown. With tilesets delay shoot poison to keep repeatable rotation up. Thats thr base. More to it then just that but that would be hours talk. xD

Damn dude, you know a hell of a lot about the class. I’ve been trying to put together a good tileset. Have any advice on how I should build it out?

Just copy Landru’s tiles and rotation.

Looking to keep the conversation going and get an official response.

Watching: Alternative arrows for the ranger

1 Like

This seems like a perfect way for devs to maybe introduce a companion system? Would work for a better interrupt solution while setting up for possible future player companions. Wouldnt need to be overpowered companion, but good for a slight distraction to set up for spreadshot at close range.

Or possibly adding a confusion buff on smoke arrow for strafing on target with other arrow shots

Yep. Plz buff shadow arrow.

Now, a companion system? That’s an interesting thought. Reminds me of the Beast Master archetype for Ranger in 5e. imo, it would make a lot of sense. Ranger in general has been in need of a rework for some time, and this would be a fine way to do it and increase its versatility. I don’t know the specifics of how it would work, but maybe the AC would have abilities determined by a talent, or maybe by the type of animal it is(Perhaps you could tame wild animals and make them the AC)? It would make Ranger a more interesting class for sure. Maybe some way to command the AC as to, say, what abilities to use, where to move, what to attack, etc. And perhaps the Ranger could have some more support-like arrows/abilities, like increased speed, lower aggro(On self or ally), minor HOT(heal over time), an arrow that functions similarly to Instrument of Defense(Decreases enemy projectile strength), and the like. Ranger doesn’t shine in DPS, so making it DPS/Support would open it up to a new audience. Like Bard, for example. Bard I and many others see as Support/DPS, even if the damage it does it small compared to that of, say, Scoundrel, it still does more than Muskie by a fair amount, at the cost of manual healing(Which isn’t that bad of a thing, depending on the scenario). Healing aside, Bard has many buffs and debuffs they can use, like the aforementioned Instrument of Defense. Rebuilding Ranger to be like this and have an Animal Companion would be building the class for a completely different role, and would add a lot more diversity to the class lineup.

Or, y’know, you could just buff smoke arrow or somethin’, but a class rework would be nice.

Maybe just the last point.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.