Cannot Age Potions

So from what I’ve noticed if you have a potion that you’re sure should have aged, but you open the chest and check the tool tip and if it has not you just need to wait 5-10 minutes for the potion to update. Still looking into this issue, but just wanted to inform you all that there is a workaround for it.

2 Likes

This is ridiculous! It has been over 100 hours and im scent attractors have not Aged! I have never successfully gotten them to age so I dont know how long its actually supposed to take but this feels like I passed it.

From what I’ve heard fish attractors take a very long time to age. 7 or more days seems to be what the chant agrees on the most.

1 Like

There are definitely potions in the game where the aging time is measured in days not hours…

2 Likes

One small question, does moving a potion from one slot to another on the shelf reset it’s aging timer? This is rather hard to test and is more of a technicality question. Would hate for a really long potion to lose it’s progress because it simply got shuffled one space to the right on the shelf.

2 Likes

Kevin, just age some health potions to test it rather than asking for spoilers. Add two health potions in different slots and then move one half-way through aging to see if they both age at about the same time. It’s a relatively easy test to perform :slight_smile:

I could do that and I likely will, I did not really consider a question about how the UI works to be a spoiler though.

1 Like

It isn’t. You will always have “that person” who makes a comment like the one to which you responded. Thank you for raising the issue about the potions.

Huh. It is bugged. I tried aging some healingpotions, but nothing was happening. Then “poff” overaged! I dont know the supposed windowframe, but that felt like 5min between undone and overdone :thinking:

Bulloney! I had a stack of 4 scent attractors in my aging rack that I put in on Jan 31 at 10pm. I had finally been able to age them successfully a couple weeks ago so one week later, Feb 7 10pm I checked and they werent aged. I left the house and reentered, and open the box for 5+ minutes waiting for results…nothing. So every 12 hours since then, for three days now twice a day ive been checking on them. Nothing. I leave and reenter, and once in awhile try the waiting again, they never aged. Just checked now and they still werent aged, left and reentered the house and boom theyre ruined potions. So mad.

I had two potions in the rack, 2x fish attractors (in the same stack) and 1x Giant growth. I think I put them in 8 days ago. but it might have been the weekend before that

I went back to check them this afternoon, and they weren’t glowing on the rack. I opened the chest and hovered over each, and the tooltip said they weren’t aged. Within 20 seconds of closing the chest, the fish attractors were glowing, and when I checked again, were aged. The giant growth one wasn’t.

I’m not sure if it’s a bug, or a coincidence, but I thought I’d mention it. I really couldn’t be sure exactly when they went into the chest.

Minor note for this older topic, but after some quick tests, moving a potion on the rack does in fact reset the timer. Moving a bottle from say slot 1 to slot 2 counts to reset the timer to zero. So be careful when checking up on the bottles.

Back on topic I have also had atractors go bad after 7 days instead of finishing though it is rare. I put bottles on the shelf almost every day and about 1 out of 10 batches don’t age correctly.

1 Like

I dont think Giant Growth Potions age at all.

This is a known issue that we are tracking in our system.

1 Like

This still isn’t fixed is it?

No, I still had issues with my potions earlier this week, I think it’s when they are meant to age but you are offline, just have to wait a little bit once you get online and they will update

1 Like

Yeah I heard about this relogging or “wait 5-10 Minutes” thing a lot. Still it doesn’t work consistently for me which makes experimenting with ageing just annoying. I still don’t know all the ageing times of the different potions and having to check a couple of times if they already aged plus relogging several times…well just no fun.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.