Can't seem to add to the Wiki (new page will not save)

I’ve been trying to add a page to the wiki as I couldn’t see one for something, but if I try to save the page I get the following:

“Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.
You might have been logged out. Please verify that you’re still logged in and try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in, and check that your browser allows cookies from this site.”

Any ideas? I’ve tried logging in/out and using a separate browser.

Cheers!

This issue started weeks ago. The devs should know about this because I told them and they tried to fix it. Also even the devs can not edit the page except for Riley (as far as I know).

Yeah this seems to be an intermittent issue. I can clear it up by restarting the Wiki server process, but then it seems to come back again sometime later. I just did that, so if you press Save twice (even if it gives you the same error the first time) it should work.

This has fixed the issue and I can post. Thanks!

Hi, just to let you know the issue is back again

Could you test it in multiple browsers?
I sometimes had a problem that for example Firefox handled sessions differently then Chrome.

I’ve tried in Chrome, Edge and Nightly and still get the same I’m afraid.

Okay give it a try now.

Yep all good again, thanks!

And, the problem is back.

Okay try now. No idea why it keeps doing that. Silly 3rd party software.

You rock, Riley. Thanks for dealing with this on a Saturday morning.

MediaWiki gives some troubleshooting with the

Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data.
You might have been logged out. Please verify that you’re still logged in and try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in, and check that your browser allows cookies from this site.

error. The solution might be on that page. Did you check that?:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:How_to_debug/Login_problems

A way faster alternative is writing a very easy script that restarts the server every 2 days :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah that’s the weird thing I literally just put in a thing to restart the server once a day but it still seems to be happening haha.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.