Citadel Normal Mode Raid Beta Info/Feedback (UPDATED NOTES 12/4!)

The latest build on Steam and Oculus Rift will work fine, I just had to remove the version requirement since those builds didn’t get their version numbers bumped up (the server still thought they were old builds). I removed that requirement for now until the new builds are done in an hour. So just make sure you guys update before you play the raid :wink:

What are the changes? Are there any fixes on Boss 1 Crystals yet? Or just boss 4?

Sorry for the delay on the changes, had to make sure the oopsie I made on the patch release got fixed.

Boss 1:

• Lowered health about 15%
  • Certain mechanics based on number of players in the raid instead of a set number.

Boss 2:

Boss 3:

• Made Gear portal hitboxes bigger
  • Fixed gear portals sticking around

Boss 4:

• Certain mechanics based on number of players in the raid instead of a set number.
  • Musketeer turrets no longer block projectiles that the boss throws at the portal.
  • Added a visual indicator to hint at how to activate the portal.
4 Likes

Just realized we seem to have forgotten to ask and cannot seem to find the information. (Please forgive me if you have already said and I missed it.)

Do you have information on what level of equipment this raid supposed to drop? Is it going to be +2, +5, or higher?

Having the information would make calibrating how difficult it should be to kill a boss a little easier in our feedback. Right now we are just guessing how hard it should be based on the idea that it could be anything from +3 to +6.

1 Like

+3 for normal mode would be my guess

We’ll have a Blogpost going out likely Monday with some pictures of the new sets of armors and weapons.
Regarding the stats, we’re going to do the following.

Boss 1:

1 Citadel Raid Shoulder token &
1 Citadel Raid Glove token
Chance of dropping 1 shoulder +4 piece for current class &
Chance of dropping 1 glove +4 piece for current class

Boss 2:

1 Citadel Raid Head token
Chance of dropping 1 head +4 piece for current class

Boss 3:

1 Citadel Raid Chest token
Chance of dropping 1 chest +4 piece for current class

Boss 4:

1 Citadel Raid Cape
1 Citadel Raid Weapon token
Chance of dropping 1 Citadel Raid pet
Chance of dropping 1 +4 Weapon for current class
Chance of a Legendary +5 instead of the +4 Weapon 

All bosses also have a chance at dropping:

1 Napur Frost Major Dye
1 Chaos Lavender Accent Dye

Citadel Raid Tokens can be used to purchase gear from the same Raid Vendor in Highsteppe
Items purchased from Raid vendor will be +4 “Epic” gear

Regarding hard mode, we are planning on giving out +6 armor and weapons, with a chance at a +7 Legendary weapon. There will be other drops too, we’ll talk more about those as we come closer to releasing that version of the raid.

5 Likes

I finally got all my +6 and Hard Mode gear for every class, and now I gotta go get all the +6 armor and +7 weapons.

I love it.

6 Likes

While I’m completely open to the idea, I would want to see this in shard level increases too. +6 gear and +7 weapons from a shard 17 or 18 because these 15s are simply too easy. I’m all for the change, it just says screw you to those who grinded in shards for a long time. It’s good to know that all my +6s I worked hard for are now not the best weapon. Another reason for a shard increase is if we’re smashing t15s with +5 and +6 it’s gonna be wayyyyy too easy with +7.

I know for a fact that there were a few guileless people with full +5 back when hardmode guild city was the only source of +5 gear. It’s gonna be harder to get in a group without a fellowship for sure, but it’s very possible as long as you have the skill and is integrated enough in the community. Also when it’s the only source of the best gear there will be a lot more interest and a lot more groups running than there currently is for hardmode guild city.

What I personally think would be the best solution, if it’s not too late, make the citadel raid drop each of the armour pieces and no weapon. Then you would have to do shards for a +6 weapon and raids for +6 armour mening you have to do both raids and shards to get the best gear in the game.

7 Likes

I think another thing they could do is maybe have the +6 weapons in raids and give it the same drop rate as normal +6s have

I think it’s more of a “hey, we see that you guys beat all our content and want to be rewarded for completing more difficult stuff, so here’s better gear for when you do it”

3 Likes

I like the change but it’s sorta a suck it to anyone who has +6. Shards will also be way too easy now so I hope there’s a shard level increase.

Cant agree more; If raids only drop the best gear shards suddenly become obsolete and we have a repeat of old game where players hop on to do their raid run and then stop playing for the rest of the week as there is no chance to get any gear; Having the armor as part of the raid still requires it to be run for max gearing but still keeps shards relevant with 15s the only source of +6

Alternatively if the devs are hellbent on keeping +7 weapons as a thing the shard cap should be raised higher where it can drop +7 weapon but maxes out at +5 armor so both contents are still needed.

5 Likes

Mathieu:

Thank you very much for telling us this early, it makes testing for difficulty level much easier for us to do.

I love that you have added this in a way that makes for nice raid-gear progression, previously only shards really had that. :heart:

This is perfect:
Normal: +2
Normal Cit: +4
Hard: +5
Hard Cit: +6 (or +7)

It also gives more reason for us to bond as a community by getting new raid groups together to enjoy the content together, thank you.

Are there plans to up the shard levels above a 15 at any point as well? Seems like people are pulling for that.

4 Likes

Is the animation (visuals) for the stones dropping supposed to be at the same time? ~I know the actual hit of it should be the same

We had this problem happen recently where we did the mechanic correctly but the delay in drop made it not work.

We’ll have to do more digging on this one, the animations can be a little staggered but the hits should be about the same time - it might be a mechanic that would vary a bit based on latency but it shouldn’t be to the point of making the mechanic harder to do, so we’ll need to find out what is causing that.

mobs being invisible in raid and sometimes be very laggy

our raid last night was reallly bad with invisible stuff.
on boss 1 the big icicle just wasn’t spawning, like nobody at all could see or hear it.
on boss 4… like everything was invisible and only a few people could see them, invisible purple orbs, invisible ads. it was really annoying

Just one of the crystal issues recordings

We gave the devs some more recordings too, so yeah we kinda gave up on that, it’s way too annoying.

I just saw the Gear in the Blog post… Big ufff! Sorry when this sounds really rough but I don’t even want to wear any piece… It’s awful

2 Likes

Hey This just came to light. Apparently the tunnel to the citadel in the dragon shop might be different for quest and PC. From What I heard when a pc user went down the tunnel they saw no portal. Quest users have a portal. Apparently They don’t see the physical Portal but they can still walk where the portal should be and it works.