Class explanations

@Mathieu_D @Jake_E

Can we please get a confirmed class ability and mechanics list. It seems nobody knows what the mechanics are with classes 100%. Items include: Taunts and there effects, aggro management effects, scoundrel curve range ranking effects, actual percent change and super effects all around, specific instrument uses for bard, cooldowns(actual numbers not someone with a stopwatch figuring it out), etc.

The point is this and many things are unexplained and unconfirmed making it near impossible to understand your class as a beginner or master it as a veteran without a tremendous amount of trial error, testing, actual timing and recording, number crunching, and research.

Of all things that’s frustrating this for me is big, imo it should be explained in detail in the journal so there’s no room for error, miscommunication, or lack of understanding of the intended mechanics and functions of each class.

As almost all of this is text based additions or rework I’m unsure why this has not been with previous and current patch updates.

There is also a lot of false or unconfirmed information both fan based and outdated info in game which is why I posted this in bugs and technical.

1 Like

What class’s information are you looking for? A few of us have put hours into figuring out those details and I’m happy to share what I know.

I really do appreciate that and so have I. It’s just opposite the point, no offense meant. But these base class abilities and mechanics are given conflicting answers from the player base because there is no clear answer/explanation. In other Games that might be alright but in an mmorpg it is unnecessary and sometimes detrimental to not be able to fully understand or to possibly misinterpret how something class specific works. I have over a thousand hours and there are still things that I am corrected on/unaware or confused about with no way to find the official information. I’ve asked other players numerous times in the past and it’s really a 50/50 on accuracy. Certain things I know now that were told too me wrong would have been nice to know earlier and save the trouble and frustration. These are things that are not spoilers or things that are normally theory tested but things that should be obvious. Examples are talents in detail(number increases or effectiveness on targets), tileset buff percentage[a displayed number that accounts for interference], effects of attack power for healer/tile usefulness for healer, start effects for each class (intelligence, strength) and the actual increase per point of vitality and defense, an detailed list of weapon and ring affixes with accurate information. Most of these things are not included or are only partially included ingame, and while I understand that is a small development team almost everything I’ve mentioned is text based QOL adjustment’s that would make a major difference in ease of use and understanding. I don’t mean to sound rude and I won’t argue with anyone who wants to debate the point but it is not the players job to do that work, it took me over 700 hours to get a semi advanced understanding of a few classes and another 300+ to become well off at said classes, and yet there is still a lot of things that should be common knowledge that are nowhere to be found (see examples above).

I have played a lot of mmorpg games and not including the bugs, it was and still is the most frustrating one to deal with due to lack of general and basic information other than “Figure it out” type class and game mechanics.

Regarding the numbers in details, I think those are deliberately not given. Devs have been very quiet about percentages and exact numbers.

As a good way to check if you can trust information:
You ALWAYS ask if they tested it themselves or have directly info from someone who tested it (and trust that person being accurate). If not, call it BS.

Part of why you played this many hours, is because you don’t know everything yet. So it would be a mistake for the devs to give that all away. And they won’t give it away either. It will take them many many many programming hours to show this info. Like months. So it is not worth it. And even then they will make mistakes too just like us xD.

1 Like

I guess my final point is I’m talking about basic information that’s not given and outdated normal explanations that don’t cover the basic idea of a book, card, instrument, etc. There is no point for that to be hidden from the player. I’m not sure why it would be a mistake to tell the players how there class actually works imo it’s the opposite, it’s a mistake not to give that information freely since the player will have a hard time too progress without said information. No other mmo I have played has done this and it has never been a mistake only a good thing.

The basics and what each of your class items do is laid out in the back of the journal.

2 Likes

And yet there still remains questions as to the basic function and skillsets to classes and an class mechanics so that’s not entirely true is it? Even more to my point you make YouTube videos about classes and how they work because the information is not freely available. And despite what the journal says people don’t know the basics of there classes so they have to find players to teach them, some of them which are completely wrong.

thats subjective

How is that subjective, people don’t know how a taunt works, the range difference for scoundrel curve, what orbs empower a musket turret, stat affixes effect for there class if any, the function an interrupt/stun, etc.

It remains the same that any mmo before this allows you basic common knowledge in your journey. It is given immediately or is earned and rewarded in a way that can be referenced (without having to remove your headset and search Google for two hours). Even then unofficial mods and addons are becoming the go to thing for function and ease of use. Because aside from the basic information some of what should be at least able to be referenced in game after discovered or “unlocked” is not.

Exactly this. I have never played a MMORPG that gave out the numbers. This is part of what keeps players engaged, testing, and collaborating.

There are plenty of them World of Warcraft is an easy example of that, swtor online, eso, eve online,etc

That’s because people don’t read the tutorials/journal. If you read them, you know most of the information you need. I make the videos because
A: People tend not to read the information that the game freely gives
2: There are people who want more information than the game gives (how much does Intel/Strength affect damage? How much extra damage does a curve shot do? etc)

That’s because people aren’t reading what the journal says.

:+1:

@Mathieu_D Please lock this thread.