Closed Beta 3 Feedback Thread

If you use sword rush on a dummy in the fellowship hall you get sent under the map. “Return to graveyard” doesn’t move me anywhere. Going to use the home teleport to get out.

okay thanks for letting us know, I will be doing some more work inside the guild halls (also fixing the many side ways opening doors)

There’s no hitbox in the rear half of the corrupted stag, i can only hit the front half.

I feel like gear progression is a little too slow. I am level 7 and around burning woods, I have yet to see anything to replace my beginner gear with. Even gear quality would be a nice addition to keep an eye out for something -slightly- improved. I’m about 1/3rd of the way to max I feel like I should have gotten something new.

This is been a problem i have had for a long time but never remember to post about it, is there any other way to change the musket orb from healing to damage. I was thinking like a trigger pull instead of a shake. the shake never seams to work when i want it to and works when i don’t. i have spent a lot of time trying to prefect a method and have had no prevail. I really like the idea but in practice its just not working

Currently the icon betweenbthe begginer bow and the next teir bow share the same icon, but you should be getting weapon drops off of mobs. If you get a weapon drop and check the stats it should have a higher attack.

I’ll keep an eye out. I am warrior.

oh srry must of mis read original post, though it applies to all classes, by lvl 7 you should have gone through at least a couple of weapons (even if they are the same icon/model) that will have varying amounts of attack damage.

One more thing for the day i wish there was some kind of way to hit a moving player with a heal like an lock on or seeking for healing spells maybe it a healing spell doesn’t hit someone it just hits the closest target. It just seems like a lot of my party dies when i miss them by shooting through them or shooting right at there feet with no effect

You are correct man! They have the same names and icons but different stats. I didn’t expect that. My weapon went from 5 to like 39 attack ! hahaha not even gonna say how bad the armor was. It’s been getting tough everything but me have been getting stronger.

Okay it’s time for my beta 3 rant. I love the new locomotion in combat feature, however, character collision results in situations where mobs end up inside of me, making it impossible to move, and if i can’t move, i can’t get my sword combos to register correctly, or in most cases i can’t get my sword swings to register at all. Also, certain mobs such as sandworms have extremely strange hitboxes that result in my sword swings registering incorrectly, resulting in several failed combos and killing my DPS. There is a glitch that allows me to shield bash people even when my shield is not out. Finally, I wish cleave worked off a different combo that didn’t result in me using provoke instead. It’s really frustrating when i’m trying to cleave and i get stuck in a cycle of spamming provoke unintentionally.

2 Likes

The collision issues have been horrible this test and drive me nuts. It’s a mix of that and not being able to slide after teleporting close or swordrushing an enemy. You have to teleport first.

They’ve fixed a lot of the enemies that screw up your combo strikes that like but I’m sure there are still some. Those worms are horrible for a warrior anyway.

The shield is actually out, you just can’t see it. Everyone else can. This hasn’t been fixed for multiple tests now (Low on the priority list and I think I only reported it once) I frequently take out and put away my shield to make sure I’m not holding it when I don’t want to.

Cleave is one of my favorite abilities but damn is it finicky. I love how its strikes can hit 4 individual enemies and then slam them all with a shockwave and I love provoke’s easy 3 hit combo, but it’s waaaay too easy to tap a second enemy or make an extra strike and get caught up in a provoke cycle until you finish a provoke and start cleave over. I also love how you can chain cleaves (Ends on a left, starts on a right so it’s smooth)
Provoke on the other hand can’t be chained easily. I find myself doing a big left, right, then pulling my arm back and using my wrist to flick the controller up to trigger it (i’m usually surrounded or inside an enemy so I don’t have much ‘up’ wiggle room anyway) Using the short motion also lets you use the momentum to swoop it into another provoke combo.

Ive also had issues where I would sometimes go to grab my horn with my shield hand and end up accidentally stowing my shield. Happens rarely, but it is a bit of a pain. I have learned to work around it.

The hit boxes on the wyverns are a bit small I noticed many of my shots going through and not registering. Also, there are no attack animations for the Demon Wolves just out side of Wenderwood.

I couldn’t agree more a trigger pull would make it much easier. The amount of shaking it requires to switch is just too much and when you need to switch on the fly your usually dead before you can make the switch.

I’m having problems with the shop in the first town, when I wave at him my menu comes up then his shop flickers and becomes a blank, white panel. i just needed some reagents!

For the love of Orbus, could you please check to make sure Spiralback Snails are not bugged? I have tried many, many lure combinations, hours upon hours of broken lures, and the taunting nibbles of that elusive snail.

I’m nearly through these lure combination with no luck.

Lesser Eye,Small Tongue,Small Tooth
Lesser Eye,Small Tongue,Blue Scales
Lesser Eye,Small Tongue,Feathers
Lesser Eye,Small Tongue,Rotten Finger
Lesser Eye,Small Tongue,Large Minnow
Lesser Eye,Small Tooth,Blue Scales
Lesser Eye,Small Tooth,Feathers
Lesser Eye,Small Tooth,Rotten Finger
Lesser Eye,Small Tooth,Large Minnow
Lesser Eye,Blue Scales,Feathers
Lesser Eye,Blue Scales,Rotten Finger
Lesser Eye,Blue Scales,Large Minnow
Lesser Eye,Feathers,Rotten Finger
Lesser Eye,Feathers,Large Minnow
Lesser Eye,Rotten Finger,Large Minnow
Small Tongue,Small Tooth,Blue Scales
Small Tongue,Small Tooth,Feathers
Small Tongue,Small Tooth,Rotten Finger
Small Tongue,Small Tooth,Large Minnow
Small Tongue,Blue Scales,Feathers
Small Tongue,Blue Scales,Rotten Finger
Small Tongue,Blue Scales,Large Minnow
Small Tongue,Feathers,Rotten Finger
Small Tongue,Feathers,Large Minnow
Small Tongue,Rotten Finger,Large Minnow
Small Tooth,Blue Scales,Feathers
Small Tooth,Blue Scales,Rotten Finger
Small Tooth,Blue Scales,Large Minnow
Small Tooth,Feathers,Rotten Finger
Small Tooth,Feathers,Large Minnow
Small Tooth,Rotten Finger,Large Minnow
Blue Scales,Feathers,Rotten Finger
Blue Scales,Feathers,Large Minnow
Blue Scales,Rotten Finger,Large Minnow
Feathers,Rotten Finger,Large Minnow

The previous night I went through aberration drop combinations with no luck. I do notice elsewhere that bloody flesh only seems to catch Sunfish. I’m not sure if this is intentional or similar to what happened with the ‘Minnows’ on the first day of this test.

4 Likes

Score:
Elk - 0
Spiralback Snail - 32

Damn you Spiralback Snail, we will get you.

2 Likes

had a similar issue with elite lizard adults. Their bubble aoe would kill me if I was standing a vast distance away.

Hi Brandon,

These are player owned shops. It is likely you were waving at a shop owner who had no stock and had not refreshed it.

Thanks,

1 Like

Was that happening after the patch I put out a couple of days before the beta ended, or before that? Because I believe that patch fixed the “box” AoE attacks.