Closed Beta 3 Feedback Thread

Is it triggering before you get into combat then you are just auto-running as combat begins? I just checked and in theory the auto-run shouldn’t be able to be engaged if you’re already in combat…I will take another look at that, though.

Looking into this, there was a bug because that’s how it was supposed to work. The horn should make you number one on their aggro table plus give you a little extra aggro on top of that (equivalent to a Provoke combo essentially) to give you some breathing room. I’ve fixed this and it will be fixed in the next patch.

That’s actually the end of the dungeon, the 3 mech bosses are the final boss, the big guy doesn’t come out (for this version of the dungeon). One of the 3 mechs is actually a “boss” and should drop loot guaranteed.

Sorry yeah all the new fish aren’t stacking, this will be fixed in the next patch.

I’m not totally sure how to fix that. If you have a suggestion let me know. Unless you’re going to pre-pick your target somehow.

We’ve made a conscious decision not to include any sort of Marauder’s Map style maps, arrows that tell you exactly where to go for quests, etc.

Thanks! And thanks for all that feedback, very useful to hear from someone who’s been away from the game for a while!

The only thing I can think of would be to add a delay between hits, which would lower our overall dps but make combos more accurate if we can time the strikes right. It would suck if we accidentally hit an extra guy then have to wait for the hit cooldown. . . @Allen_The_Bard any ideas?

Hey does anyone have a link to the dev article what was talking about the Monster Level Icons? At work and wanted to do some refreshers before I got home on some of the game a basics

Here you go! https://blog.orbusvr.com/closed-alpha-test-5-begins-tomorrow-plus-new-health-bars-and-quests/

Thank you very much Riley!!!

the Minnows are not showing up in the Log book.

I have noticed that some of my items are described in the wiki as being on my belt, but actually seem to be on my chest. Has the location changed or am I getting shorter? :rofl:

1 Like

The new fish do not have the journal pages set up like some of the lower level original fish (sunfish,catfish,etc), they will be added in a future patch.

What about a vision based targetting system. You look at the mob you wanna hit and your swings get more focused/accurate on that mob. I dont think you would need a visual cue for the player. And i think it would still make sense with wanting to be realistic, you would be more accurate hitting what you are looking at.

Just an idea while suffering some insomnia. :slight_smile:

Not a bad idea, but my strategy in combat is block 1 way, attack another, and constantly move surveying the area. It’s the same reason I don’t lock movement to my hmd. Very restricting

It is happening mid combat when I am slowed down. It’s pretty rare though. It may have something to do with me holding an item. I will report back to you once i get some more testing in.

@Logan So I have a few ideas that may work:

what if we changed hit detection to be bias towards the last enemy hit? Making it easier to hit the same mob again and not trigger on nearby enemies.

Another option may be to limit individual sword swings to only hit a single target.

What if monsters don’t clip into the warrior? Like they see the warrior as impassible terrain and try to reach their target by going around the warrior. I fin dit is usually the enemies that are just behind me (and mildly clipping into my character model) are the ones that are the most problematic for me.

Aditionally, pre-picking targets may not be the worst idea. Similar to how musketeers and rangers have equipment slots for special arrows and orbs, what if warriors had a slot that changed certain behaviors of the warriors kit.

One such augment would let your attacks ignore all other hit boxes than your sword rush target for X seconds.

This could also open the door for more options in diversity in the warrior kit for the future like

• sword rush doesn’t teleport you (ranged pull)
  • sword rush has a huge increase in threat generation
  • sword rush does more damage
  • Provoke does reasonable threat generation in an area?
  • critical hits do something extra?
  • replaces horn with another useful tool?

Hmm maybe. Sounds complicated. I’d be down for trying anything. It’s pretty annoying but if there isn’t a simple fix we can just learn to play around it

agreed. and i get it from rileys perspective as well. Its not an easy problem.

Is the annoyance that you break your single target combo’s, or is the problem that you just don’t want to damage the other targets? If it is the breaking of combo’s, than that can be easily fixed by remembering the combo hits for each target individually and making sure when for example: hitting ‘target 1’ just before ‘target 2’ does not effect the loss of individual collision detection of ‘target 2’. Otherwise I don’t see the problem. More damage is a good thing right? :slight_smile:

@Logan @Allen_The_Bard how about this what if the warrior gets a Stance System. Lets say like 3 stances at first like at Lvl 10 which 1 can give and aura of threat plus x amount of threat + current lvl for as long as it is active for lets say 20 units, 1 can be a damage stance that adds x crit chance and x + crit damage and 1 could be a defense stance that gives 10% times half your level to your shields HP. You could have them on the back of the shield. They go on CD for 10 mins and can only be changed OoC . Don’t really have much to add in for how to keep your sword from hitting Multiply targets but I do like the idea of have a PC as a solid object to monsters.

You can’t choose which target you’re going to hit. That’s the issue. If i want to trade off provokes on all enemies I want to hit each when when I want in what direction I want. Currently it’s like sliding your hand along a fence. tap tap tap, tap tap tap. you can’t choose when it stops :frowning:

The way the warrior is setup now is pretty great. The shield is 2x your hp pool so you essentially have 3 health bars. If the sword collision was better in swarms of enemies it would be overpowered. Currently we have to work the outside of a mob, but in doing this we also make sure our shield can block the max amount of attacks so we can survive longer. It’s probably an issue we need to work around as oppose to fix.

The warrior is a tank class so we’re not supposed to have high damage or crits. Our survive-ability is super high if played right and once the horn is fixed and we get threat bars we’ll be the ultimate fortress. Stances would turn us from tanks into hybrid not-so-good-at-anythings. I think a standalone class based on stances would be cool though.

1 Like

I can agree with that, I main the Warrior as it is because I like being a tank. The Threat Meter is going to be great. I still feel like something is missing from the Warrior though. I have played a ton of different types of tanks in many different games. Maybe its because the horn is buggy. I just though stances would give a more rounded Warrior with essentially sub classes. For instance you could call those stances; Barbarian Stance, Berserker Stance and Knight Stance. This game really does need a melee dps though. I guess a good class type to use stances would be a Brawler or Monk / Martial Artist.

Not sure if it’s been brought up but sometimes the rune mage wand will not write when equipped in the left hand, it seems random. And tried flipping my wands around that did not help, so I know it’s not the controllers.

The Recipe for the healing potion is incorrect in the journal. also i encountered a bug with a group when we loaded into the dungeon with the rock golem, we spawned like 5 KM away from the map and had to regroup. also for some of us the rock golem didnt drop anything.