Closed Beta 4 Begins Tomorrow

Hey everyone,

Closed Beta Test 4 begins tomorrow at 12 PM (Noon) US Central Time! (Countdown Clock) Here’s everything you need to know:

Preview Blog Post

There’s a preview of what’s coming for this beta available on the Blog if you haven’t had a chance to read it yet: https://blog.orbusvr.com/closed-beta-4-begins-tomorrow/

Beta Client Download

(Note that this is the same launcher from the Open Alpha, so if you already downloaded it just launch your existing version to get the new patch.)

Feedback Thread

You can leave your feedback, bug reports, and other questions during the test in this thread:

Patch Notes

The detailed Patch Notes of what changed for this test are available now on the Wiki:

https://wiki.orbusvr.com/Patch_Notes

See you in-game tomorrow!

4 Likes

Where can we find the new spells? Do they come from quests?

Oh my god the textures look so good!!!

And sadness that all the classes but the musketeer got love. :sleepy:

I’ll add the Level 2 spells to the Wiki later tonight. The Level 3 spells you will have to find out in the world.

1 Like

Honestly Musketeer is just in a really good place I think. That said, there is stuff I still want to do with it (like add more haptic feedback to the gun, make the “shaking” gesture better-detected, and maybe add a new orb or two). But in terms of game balance I feel like it’s the most-balanced right now.

Awesome, thanks!!!

Do the globes have a time limit? Or they only disappear when you miss a shot so you can use them forever if you never miss?

Another dps orb or two would be great! Maybe a burn over time orb or bleed over time or just a big dps shot. Maybe an orb that does bigger Aoe or shoots out lightning that jumps between mobs.

And the trade-off is that we would have to give up most if not all the healing orb slots. Currently it feels like I can only have one poison orb , one weakness orb, and then I have to take healing or shield orbs because there isn’t much else in the way of good options.

Okay I’ll tuck my tale and go hide now. Thanks for the update.

Ooohh, dual slot-consuming damage orb!

These are amazing additions to the game, across the board! I am absolutely blown away by the graphics overhaul. I mean, I was good with the previous look, but this is just goddamn gorgeous!

I can’t wait to dive into the new spells!

One quick question… you mention “more quests to tackle”. With the main quest complete, I’m guessing these are side quests? Will there be a list available before the servers come up like last time?

I can’t stop drooling over the textures!!!

I have to look at everything again now!!!

1 Like

there are a few additional quests added in along with fixes for some of the previous broken quests (I hope), I will do a Forum thread again tomorrow to tackle any and all quest related problems and add the new quests onto there.

1 Like

Excited to get in and experience the game for the first time!

You will not be disappointed :slight_smile: @Alexander_L

Hi there !

I try to dl the new patch but its very very low… is it normal ? or i am the only one ?

How long are the betas open for?

This is the last Closed Beta test, and the servers will be on until Dec 8th, then we will shut them down and restart them and launch into EA on Dec 15th. You will no longer be able to purchase the game from us after Dec1st though, and will have to pre-order it on either steam or occulus store

Thanks. If I were to purchase now do I get a steam key or anything or is it separate?

Yes if you purchase from us you will get access to it on steam (or occulus store) once we enter into EA.