Closed Beta Two Feedback Thread

Yes I have restarted and checked it was the current patch.

Oh I see based on your edit I think it was just a bad setup. Okay. Thanks for letting me know.

So I just made a new character to test warrior (since im already 16) and the difficulty feels really good.

I went from level 1 to level 3 in about 30 minutes.

The in-combat smooth locomotion is also a HUGE quality of life increase to playing warrior.

I do feel that I am too mobile with it though. I only need to move a small distance at a time to close the gap when monsters come to me.

I do really love the current implementation of the slide in combat. Feels great as a musketeer!

are you able to kite the monsters around without taking damage? or are they able to catch up and attack before the stamina recharges?

First time able to play in the Beta, here is my initial feedback:

Want to start out saying that I mostly enjoyed the time I had playing and hope that the following isn’t read as a bunch of complaints/negativity.

Combat was very tough as a new solo player, but the patch that just came out likely addresses that. However, it is still tough to gauge the relative difficulty of things. Icons above mobs heads may need to be a little bigger? New players won’t be as familiar with the import/meaning of these symbols, I’m still not able to easily tell the difference between the red and orange ones at a distance, much less know what the symbols are / stand for. Yes, I could have read the wiki ahead of time and maybe gotten this info, but let’s be honest, most new players will just jump right in and skim most of the quest text in pursuit of starting to play asap.

Same complaint for quests, I have no idea if I’ve picked up a quest early or will be able to solo it until I try. Example would be the first noah’s ark kill quest you get. I think I was level 1 or 2 when I got it, but would have had no chance of completing it (still struggling a lot with the golems at level 4), but no indication of this until trying (and dying). Also had a hard time figuring out the quest progression. I think I may have skimmed through some text telling me to go talk to the chef so I didn’t go searching for him until I went online to try and figure out how alchemy works / why I didn’t have a formula for a healing potion in my book like everyone else. Since the chef is hidden in his house as opposed to all the other quest givers out in the street, it might be a good idea to make the first conversation with him a quest objective to make sure new players go to him almost right away.

Determining the stats of an item in your inventory is a pain. Having to hover your finger in the perfect spot to have the stat box pop up only to slightly move and have it disappear again is very frustrating. Would be great if an item’s stats showed up whenever you select it, maybe even give a comparison to what you currently have equipped as well. Or if you want to make it less cluttered, maybe make armor pieces / weapons that are an upgrade over equipped items green text in your inventory and red text if they are a downgrade. Not sure if this interferes with item rarity indicators however, haven’t leveled enough to see how that is handled… Would also be nice if crafting items were labeled for their use. I guess I’m not sure if any can be used for both alchemy and fishing, but was definitely confusing / frustrating when I kept trying to put tongues and eyes in the alchemy chest before I figured out they were fishing only. Having to take off my headset to look up how to get stuff to work in game is a pain point that should probably be addressed before launch. Maybe even label the alchemy and fishing lure chests as “Alchemy storage” and “lure crafting storage” directly on the relevant chests in game to make it more obvious that you are supposed to put the ingredients in them in order to start crafting. Or put a mortar and pestle / lure icon on the chests / item description to minimize text requirements.

Sounds like merchant purchases of unwanted equipment/items is still coming, so that answers that question. Would be nice if merchant indicators were differentiated from quest indicators though. Running through town and seeing a bunch of yellow “!” where they are all simply merchants is a little disorienting. Also that guard at the foot of the stairs to the beginning training area always has a marker but simply tells you to go see the heard Guardian guy. I hate having unchecked notifications on my cellphone, the persistent "!"s all over town for the merchants feels like the same thing.

Fishing seems to work well and is intuitive once you figure out how to craft a lure. Only issue I had with it was if I had engaged in combat at anytime before trying to fish I would get a stuck lure problem, where anytime I pulled out my rod the lure would be fixed in the air behind me. Relogging fixed the issue every time though.

Would love tabs for quests, recipes, lore, etc in the logbook in-game, though I know y’all have seen this request before and implementation takes time, hah.

Look forward to trying out slide in combat movement and getting some more time in-game! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

That is true, thank you for the feedback and glad you enjoyed your play time.

2 Likes

OK. Will do in the future.

I’d say 3/4 times when i use the new TP home device i either get stuck in the ground or it doesn’t load and i end up having to close down the game and re-open it. I’ve been trying to send in reports but that only seems to work half the time too. It will either say submitting and never send sometimes it will say it got submitted and other times it won’t even change saying i clicked the button.

image of my last attempt home before i ended up restarting.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for letting us know, I will take a look at that.

Curious if anyone out there who was having lots of disconnect issues is finding things better, worse, or the same today with the new server architecture?

Musketeer combat is much much better at low levels. As a ranged fighter I mostly expect to have mobs killed or greatly reduced in health before they reach me. This is much more true that before the current patch.

ill test this later tonight. i dont “feel” like i can, but we will see

ok thanks…20 charch

smooth locomotion in combat sticks it will work then stop working then work again. it doesn’t let you do any side strafing. also there is time when I I am moving then stop pushing on my thumbstick but I don’t stop moving in the game and I have to click on something to get it to stop moving

My vrclient has not crashed yet which is amazing but i still get disconnected here and there but that could be on my end

This sounds like a bug we are tracking, if you grab an item off you belt/ grab your weapon from behind your back, while using smooth locomotion and moving it “locks” the movement until you grab something again. If its not this then it could be a new bug.

Also there is a stamina bar located on your weapon (pink) that shows you how far you can move, its a pool that you use when moving around in side combat (doesn’t effect outside of combat) similar to the way the teleportation recharges after each use.

ok awesome how often were you getting crashes yesterday? just a guess?

I forgot this in all my feedbacks so i start with this: It’s a bit hard shaking the compass to change channel, you should allow us to change it by pressing the trigger. That could be applied to the musketeer’s turret too.

Ok now the new stuff: