Combat Balancing

Oh wow, so how many hours did you play before you got the new drop?

Thinking about it, I think this may actually be the issue. If you aren’t getting a new gun drop and you’re stuck at Level 1 damage, then yeah it’s going to be really tough to kill Level 2, 3, and 4 monsters.

In the new patch this morning, I will be making some changes to help address this hopefully.

Was probably 6 - 8 hours in total over a few sessions

So before the server went down I realized I had the beginners musket in my inventory. I never equipped it since it had the same name as the musket I already had. I was actually able to kill a few mobs with it. As for the ghosts in the lowlands, they would continually heal back to full health so there is likely a mechanic I’m missing there.

1 Like

As a musketeer - simply need to out-dps them. Don’t forget to throw your turret in dmg mode (shake it vigorously before throw to switch between dmg and heal mode)
Maybe warrior can shield-bash to prevent the heal - haven’t tried that
Have not played ranger at all yet - and yet to find out about runemage

shield bash does not prevent the heal. They are unkillable to warriors, unless you massively out-level them.

There is absolutely no way I will be able to out do them. The heal is too frequent and too powerful.

there is likely a mechanic I’m missing there.

The AoE the ghosts do IS the heal. You need to teleport away from them when the circle goes up (something like a 2 second window) and dodge it.

Then it’s a breeze.

The attack is BIG AND RED and should be pretty clear when it happens.

Doh, I was talking about the earth golems, not the ghosts. Ghost AOE can’t be prevented from shield bash either though.

Ah,

So there is a trick to the Golems as a Warrior. You cant stop the heal once it has started with your shield bash, but you can delay it.

If you stun it a few moments before the heal, it will increase the time between heals, making it less effective.

Regardless, your DPS needs to be high enough to burn it down.

yep, like I said before, you need to out-level them.

what level are you when fighting them? also do you happen to remmber what level your sword was?

This isn’t new, it’s been this way since the first closed tests. If you try to solo one as a warrior, you just don’t do enough DPS to deal with the heal, and since there’s no way to interrupt the heal, you just can’t kill them.

Tried taking one on earlier today, same level as me (yellow 2point diamond), beginner sword (the one that’s dropped). It didn’t go well and I had to simply run away.

I see.
As a lvl 4 musketeer (before Riley’s adjustment) the forest golems (2 point yellow diamond) were impossible (using the previous beta musket)
After the adjustment I could just out dps them - really long fight tho and needed to use 2 different heal orbs myself.
Then a new beginners musket dropped and they are easy to kill now (probably too easy)

It doesn’t prevent the heal but it does delay it.

Earth golums are easy if you bash them at 30% hp just before they would heal

Warriors do a good bit less damage than Musketeers do. Earth golems are a DPS race, which warriors are really bad at.

From my experience, they usually heal at about 50% hp, and it heals them to ~95% hp, regardless of how close to dead they are. Delaying the cast by 2 secs isn’t enough, imo, seeing as a solo warrior can’t take them from ~50% (or even 30% for that matter) to dead in 2 seconds.

Just so we’re talking about the same thing, I’m discussing soloing one, no other players helping, and the mob is of the same level, or 1-2 level above the player.

Does somebody agree when I say that the loot system as it is, is broken?
I played yesterday for about 5-6 hours, in those 5-6 hours I found 2-3 swords and neither of them was any good.
I find that if it’s not the Level that’s holding you back from moving on, it’s the loot that will. About the golems, they heal way too much played yesterday with someone, and we accidentally pulled 2, the only thing you can do at that point is run since the sheer amount of healing they do.

I received a LOT of loot at high levels but very little at low levels. Not sure why this is.

Same, as a musketeer, a golem that is the same level, or just 1 level lower, takes 10 minutes, and pure luck to kill.

There are 2 things here to note. 1 There’s no animation to indicate there casting heal. and the heal appears to be uninterruptible. (assuming that Gravity Orb should interrupt a cast)