Connection stability july 1st/2nd

I don’t know if you did something serverside @Mathieu_D , but today was the first time since i came back to the game (june 18th) that i didn’t get disconnected. Not even a single time during ~7 hours of play. Plenty of desyncs, but no disconnects or black boxings.

I thought this was worth mentioning in case you tweaked something.

That’s good to hear, but we haven’t made any changes that day - I’d be curious to know if anyone else noticed things better during that day though!

I had quite a few desynch’s on death in the last 2 days and so did our raid group, some ghost casts but it seems to get better the further from the actual update. Boss 4 actually broke this time and can’t be done until it’s fixed but I’m sure you’ve received multiple messages about that one. I never get disconnects or black boxes on my CV1, or at least extremely rarely like once a month at most so I can’t tell if that has improved. Scoundrel cards broke quite a bit, shaman totems broke quite a bit, and the class swapping breaks half the time I try switching classes. Just a few things I noticed get worse after an update so I thought I’d share again.

Going to the graveyard after dying and not actually being able to reawaken until you graveyard again (sometimes you have to repeat this 2-3 times and absolutely destroy your own gear just to reawaken) This seems to be getting worse as well and at the worst possible times, like watching the person with the goblin token run by the graveyard while I’m repeatedly hitting graveyard and trying to reawaken, only to finally pop up, all armor broken, and I have in combat speed. -_-"

I had a (shorter) session after this one, and sadly i also had a crash/connection loss during that.

So whatever was “right” during the 7 hour session without disconnects, i have no clue. Nothing on my end has changed.

In case it can help track down if anything was different during that time @Mathieu_D , the good 7 hour session was between ~10 pm july 1st and ~5 am july 2nd danish time.

If my googling serves me and you are located in wichita, kansas, that would make that specific period 3 pm to 10 pm your time.

I’ve been thinking @Mathieu_D and @Riley_D , that maybe some or perhaps even most of the crash/dc/desync issues aren’t actually due to client/server communication issues. Now why would that be? - Hear me out for a second:

I have occasionally teleported to or loaded into the player house, with the player house being completely empty (no chests, crafting tables etcetera). Now this made me wonder why that would be, as i would assume the crafting tables and chests themselves to be static for the “level” that is the player house (first room).

This because the only dynamic elements are the items themselves on the crafting tables, the alchemy pot color, dragons (and themes) in the dragon den, the state of the lure crafting, chest contents (which shouldn’t need to populate until interacted with) and any objects placed by means of the building chest.

The only plausible reason i could come up with (ofcourse without knowing the actual setup) was the asset loading/streaming itself.

So, assuming assets are somehow not always properly loaded in/spawned on the client by whichever method, this train of thought could explain a number of desyncs/disconnects/crashes:

• shaman orbs stop spawning: Assuming each orb actor is continuously loaded and unloaded, what happens if the asset suddenly doesn’t properly load?

• ranger arrows stop spawning: Same as the shaman, but since special arrows are loaded/unloaded with less frequency than the shaman, it would occur less for the ranger class

• scoundrel card stack bug out: Same as above, assuming the card stack (or next card) itself doesn’t load properly

• desyncs of many types: Actors not loading properly on the client

• crashes: One or more actors not loaded properly on the client requires client/server state updates/changes (player house auction window, inventory, client representation of self or other players perhaps. No exception handling for such cases, causing the client to crash out.

Add to this cases of what @Okame speculated in their post, and suddenly you have the basis for many of the “mysterious” issues happening but also having a hard time tracking them down due to the likely compound cause.

Edit: Adding link to Okame’s post for ease

Anyway, i just thought i’d post it in case it is an unexplored avenue for the causes of issues!

Cheers

In what way did it break?

Aoes not showing up

Aaah yeah… that bug is annoying as hell for hardmode… (Seen it many times happen too…)

Just a small bump here for @Mathieu_D and co, to make sure it has been read in case it could have something to do with the issues.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.