Content Roadmap Q1-Q2 2020

I’ve spent near 1400 hours in this game after paying under $30 for it. I’m more than happy to pay ten bucks for new content. Look at other MMOs that require a monthly subscription and how much it ends up costing each player.

An initial cost of 40 and another 10 for DLC and unlimited play home is cheaper than a few months of other MMOs, or the upfront cost of most games. This is a killer deal!

10 Likes

with other vrmmo’s in the horizon… i’m still out. The only Orbus I am willing to pay for is to bring back the OG.

1 Like

You used to be able to do that in oldbus, Two warriors both level 15 could scale any mountain if you had hours to kill. It was definitely not intended but was great fun.

2 Likes

we need to have turret sword rush back.

1 Like

You can do that alone now with the shaman talent that let’s you teleport to your totems.

Oo exciting that we get new content. I gotta hand it to the devs, for the only mmo vr game out there, they could’ve gone the easy route and just added lazy recolours of weapons or just more micro transactions for transmogs (I’m not opposed to that mind you) but it’s really nice that you guys are still adding new content for us. I know you guys have busy lives out there too, so thank you

3 Likes

Yup good bye then, enjoy all these! :slight_smile:

I frankly jumped into every alpha or beta I could get my hands on and saw nothing comparable, so far; as others noted, I also got a big library, many apps I paid 30, 40 Euro for. “From other Suns” for example, it’s cool, no doubt, I don’t regret the purchase, but I still hardly spent more than 20 hours in, then dropped it. So yah I certainly get a ten euro dlc for a game I spent 1k, 2k hours in already, without any 2nd though.

And I gladly would buy the things I did not get yet from the shop also, just for fun. I mean, for casual players it might be different, but I play something, almost every evening and weekends. Orbus saved me 100s Euros already which I would otherwise have spent for pc and shorter vr games in the last two years… Alas, I lack storing space, that’s my #1 concern about the game, all the rest of bugs and missing things is less relevant.

1 Like

Very cool, looking forward to the dlc and the rest of the storyline

2 Likes

I suppose I was a bit unfair yesterday x3 Any new content for this game is good. I believe the devs stated they plan to incorporate mechanics from the DLC into base-game too so they are using the DLC to improve the quality of the whole game which is a huge plus.

1 Like

Do you plan on releasing any teasers/trailers for the update and/or expansion? I’d like to see the climbing in action, and maybe a cinematic trailer for the DLC would just be a nice bonus.

1 Like

They will be better…

We will be going into more depth over what exactly the levels are, and the dungeon also in upcoming blogs, but the dungeon level wont be in the shard rotation.

This is on our list to capture crash logs

We are planning on releasing the “Citadel Raid” this year (non-dlc), but don’t have anything further to share about it yet.

There will not be any resources added into the new zones that are used in crafting in the game. So while you will gain new armor sets and weapons, they won’t have any advantage over the gear you can earn currently in game.

Ya we have been testing it quite a bit already, and seeing what we can and can’t do with the mechanic. Just to be sure I keep everyone on the same page though, the climbing mechanic will only work on specific items in game. So for example anywhere you see a specific vine inside the new levels you will be able to climb up it. We are planning on adding some items into the current overworld (once released) that will make some areas more accessible through climbing though.

The new dyes will be coming out with the Feb 10th Explorers League update (second half of the MSQ establishing the camps) and is not part of the Story Pack (so will be a free update to the game), but to answer the first part there are 3 new dye colors, along with 4 other dyes that we made a primary dye into an accent dye, or the other way around.

We appreciate this, and hope you get to spend another 1000+ hrs in game in the coming years!

I would always be surprised at the screenshots I would get PMd of players being off in the white void after scaling a mountain, surprised by both where they would go and the amount of time they’d spend getting there.

Yes we we plan on trying to have a blog at least every other week leading up to the launch of the DLC to showoff whats coming up. I fell behind towards the end of the year last year with writing the blogs while we were trying to get things like the player house customization and tinkerer class out the door, so my goal this year is to try to do a blog bi-weekly even if its just a quick one showing off some screenshots or concept art of the stuff we are working on.

Our next blog post will be out first of Feb diving into more details about the Story pack

12 Likes

One further question, are new reputation rewards planned anytime soon…? Or at least an internal counter of reputation quests handed in after hitting max rep? I carry 10 weeklies of every quest giver (except pvp) around with me since it was promised these will count for rep-yet-to-come. But these clutter my interfaces I’d really like to hand in and get rid of these…

2 Likes

Side note, and not to derail the tread by my suggestion. But a new way to sort those missions would be helpful, I wonder if they are looking into it further.

Side note done

1 Like

then can we please get this feature re-added, not only was it a fun thing for exploring but more importantly the ability to rush to a turret is useful for proper gameplay. this would give us more ways to play the game and bring back a fun feature from old orbus.

a few other things is there only going to be 3 new armour pieces and the transmog or will we get more than the 3 sets shown. will we get some of the old transmogs added in and ways for us to get them without having them on an old character, by for example adding them on to unscaled adds. players from the old game that have made new character cant access the old gear.
will we get new storage chests, can we get them as tinkerer prints, this would give an actual use for them but ether have them as a hundred thousand dram costing print from the shop in highstepp. we do kind of need this seeming a lot of us are filling up our inventory or want to have chest for each item type and having them as place-able tinker storage chests would make them a fun item.

I wonder along with this dlc will there be a increased lvl cap. for the game in general cause me and a couple other players I saw have been lvl 30 for a while and I want to go beyond that level even though I can lvl up past 30 already.

1 Like

Not likely.

This is not as much of a lvling game and more a progress game. You can try getting the best shard gear?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.