Crashes trying to login

I’m getting crashes everytime I try to login. This happened earlier today as well, but resolved itself after a bit. Now I can’t login again. Here’s the output_log.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IVZzAFScduTXkSml-X5GmZBR3dn-JABO

That’s interesting, someone else earlier reported this same issue and found that deleting and re-installing the game and verifying the files fixed it, but I don’t know if that’s the same problem or not. Might be worth a shot though.

Okay I just tried that. It didn’t fix it.

Are there any folders with the date on them being generated in your OrbusVR folder? The same one that has vrclient.exe in it?

Nothing recent. It’s not actually crashing, I should have been more specific, sorry. It seems to just be frozen.

Oh, haha, okay. So you can go to the login screen and then choose your character and then what happens, it fades to black and…? Just hangs there? A “vrclient.exe is unresponsive” message pops up? The scene loads in but you can’t move?

I can select my character and click login, and then it just hangs. You get the Steam loading screen which isn’t 360 degrees, that pops up when a game is actually frozen. I’ve let it sit there for a few minutes and nothing happens. Eventually I just force close the game.

Hmmm…alright. I’ve never heard of that before. I’m going to try moving you to the Tutorial Area because Highsteppe is like super busy right now and see if that makes any difference at all. Go ahead and try logging in now and see if that made any difference.

Well, it froze again at first, but then finished loading after a few seconds. Unfortunately, it also actually did crash this time. No folder was generated in the Orbus directory though.

Can you send me the new output_log.txt file?

Sure, does it get overwritten after each run though? I just tried it again and it seems to have loaded.

Yeah it gets overwritten each time…so are you saying it didn’t crash the next time you tried, then?

Also I forgot to mention originally, you aren’t using the SteamVR SuperSampling set to more than 1.0 are you?

Yeah it’s working now.

No, it’s at 1.0

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.