Cross Play Oculus and Steam

When playing from the Oculus store are you playing with both steam players and oculus or just oculus? My other friends have the vive and wonder if you are on different servers and can not group if on different platforms? Thanks.

Yes, you will all be playing on the same server. The only issue you may experience, since there are so many players online at the moment, is being placed in a different instance of the same zone. If you all log in and can’t find each other, have someone make an LFG group from the menu. From there you’ll be able to invite each other to a party and once you’ve done that you’ll just need to leave the zone you’re in and reload. The easiest way to accomplish that is entering either your house or the tutorial zone and then re-entering Highsteppe.

1 Like

SUG:
While I’m glad there’s a way to meet up with your friends in different instances, it seems overly complicated. Prior to the free weekend, I’ve always just ended up in the same zone as my friends, but having to do the LFG/change zone process makes me think there ought to be a way to search for a friend and just click a button to transport to their instance. I’m sure players will get tired of the brute force method.

If you have your friends on the friend list, you can invite each other to the party, and if you go into the house and come out of it, you will be put in the same instance :wink:

For sure…I get that it’s not too hard to do. It just feels unnecessary.

First, to find your friends, there should just be a “search by name” method, rather than needing the LFG process?

Second, when you party with someone, there should be an option to “Join them in instance” or something like that, rather than needing to walk into/out of a house or zone.

These are just SUGs. I’m sure if there ends up being lots of this happening, they will implement something like this. Just thought it was worth pointing out.

1 Like

Yes, right now it rarely happens (I’ve mostly ever seen issues with this during Sanyael events), but if the player base increases, it might be a good idea to have a “join in instance” or something :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion. This kind of thing is something we have in mind in terms of possible improvement to the UI for the future.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.