Data for Rebalancing DPS

i 100% agree with this i am a mage so take my words with a grain of salt but most paladins that i see that have an idea of what there doing can pretty much kill any dps classits only sort of iffy from what ive seen with scoundrel and mage since scoundrel very mobile and mage being mobile if played correctly and scoundrel can also get mages if you hop behind them a lot or double hop

2 Likes

These numbers were all gathered for the purpose of aiding in the rebalancing of classes for PvE.

PvP is another matter altogether and should probably get its own thread.

6 Likes

Letā€™s say you buff ranger by 66% in PvP god have mercy on everyone

Would probably put it closer to what it used to beā€¦ pvp ranger is not a strong class. cant self heal or remove poison, it needs to hit with specific shots to do visible damage, and looses all dps in close range.
Seeing as its impossible to keep a good distance in pvp (and most enemies solo) a major drawback.

slightly better then the immobile shaman and glitched warrior in pvp, but not by much.

Paladin is broken for reasons unrelated to dps

3 Likes

I definitely agree with you on this
The only reason I can get 30+ kills with ranger in PvP is Iā€™ve learned as soon as they teleport shoot there and do your best to move as much as possible (which doesnā€™t work a lot of the time)
Now why I made that joke about the PvP buff with ranger is because currently, I can two shot cloth players

I also agree paldin is really broken
While they arenā€™t too hard to kill, there is practically no way to get away from them
Even if you do teleport, they will just use their hammer

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together. Iā€™m a recent returnee to the game. Played hardcore before Reborn then took a break. Ranger was my main and the class I loved.

Now Iā€™m back and Iā€™ve noticed that my rangerā€™s dps is complete garbage when I compare it to one of my other dps classes. It takes my ranger twice as long to kill a target than it takes me on shaman or mage. A big part of this is because the mobs close the cap instantly and my dps drops to almost nothing. I want to be rewarded for long range shots but this comes at the expense of doing bard dps when solo.

Iā€™ve been losing hope in the game over the last few weeks because the class I enjoy the most is just not competitive at all for dungeons and is even worse in solo. It does give me hope to know that devs plan on looking at balance later this year. I really hope it happens sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Thanks to those who took the time and worked hard to put this together. As excellent as this game is, it is equally comprised in proportion to the disparity in classes. A rebalancing gives a greater opportunity to contribute to the whole team and enjoy the game.

Quite frankly, I come to Orbusvr to relax and have fun. I deal with class distinction and inequality in the real world.

1 Like

ā€¦is there a dps class that cant 2 shot a cloth player? bard and paladin can even one shot them, and they are not even dpsā€¦ And I know we are talking empowered shots now, so thatā€™s what, 15 sec? so if your fighting a average mage that requires you to dodge 15+ fireballs, that are guided.

1 Like

As a fairly new player, Ranger was my go to class because I really enjoy the feeling of using a Bow (always loved Ranger style classes).

It is disheartening to think Iā€™ve gimped my damage for choosing what I love the most. Mages are usually the high risk, high reward class when it comes to damage (sacrificing safety for damage), but that disparity is far too large considering, as a Ranger, my safety against anything melee really comes down to ā€œcan I kill it fast enough?ā€

Speaking of speed, the machine gun bow and arrow tactic is NOT fun (for me anyway). I understand it being a spec line for people who might enjoy that sort of an arm workout, but I enjoy the Longbow style of precision at a distance being a skill that is rewarded with damage. Against melee mobs, I get a few shots in at range before my game becomes a shakeweight simulator.

Iā€™d add to this suggestion considering putting a small cooldown on firing arrows that is counter-balanced by addition damage. Rapid Fire talent paths can still be a thing for those who want that style. Adding additional skills that center around disorienting mobs, snaring mobs, skills that maybe teleport or put distance between you and the mob (think Rapid Shot from GW2ā€¦or I guess just stick with combat teleporting with the right thumb stick). Iā€™d like active ways for aim and precision to be viable compared to the machine gun strategy Iā€™m forced to employ now.

There is already a way to trap non elite enemies

The trap over your shoulder
When they walk over it, they are trapped for a period of time
When they take damage, the snare breaks and they continue moving

Regardless if a class ā€œcan be played betterā€ today, a game is supposed to be fluid. Nerfs and buffs come and go as the community taps new potential or finds new disparity.

Say somehow there is a future ranger that finds a way to boost his DPS 25% in a way nobody has thought of before, post-buff. It doesnā€™t matter today. Buff them and see what people can do, and nerf later if necessary.

What not to do is make a loved skill like triplicity actually useless or even close to useless (as a level 30 talentā€¦) while the only alternative is an even more useless level 30 talent. It was an extremely short sighted nerf fueled by needless misdirected rage at runemages, and cost the community some of our best & extremely active mages.

Also: Test, test, test. Ask for volunteer players to test patches for PvP/PvE before just dropping something huge on people.

4 Likes

THIS! 100 times over! you have a large community, and a bunch of players willing to spend there time in test servers, even without rewards, who played your game 1000+ hoers, and could easily tell you what works and what needs fixing, or twerking. We get broken content almost every releaseā€¦

ps Delceri
I strongly argued against triplisity for the reason that it caused frames to drop heavily in pvp, going from 90 to 35. Something that still is not properly fixed, but kind of works by muting mage and just teleport blindly hoping for the best.
Stil that nerf was a bit over the top

2 Likes

True with FPS drop in PvP for particular as you have to see the spells. While nerfing it would have had major consequences already, another difficulty of the triplicity nerf was that it left mages with no realistic level 30 talent. I felt that at the least something could have been done there. At this point they could remove triplicity.

When talents came out, it was nice. Even then people like myself were saying ā€œcool for an initial system, hoping to see it expanded later.ā€ But expansion was just adding a level 30 talent, not true class diversity. Such as an actual ā€œtreeā€ where your choices matter & require multiple levels of investment, not 2 lines. This was further compounded yet again when they decided to release 4 new classes(that I dislike on their own for being barebones) rather than just expand existing classes & promoting new playstyles for the classes. My thread on merging shaman & paladin would have at least saved those two classes with whatever tweaks they wanted would have saved them, imo, wasted effort. Yetā€¦ they could still do it today and I would see that as a plus.

2 Likes

Yes plz more twerking (sorry, sometimes we need a joke xD)

4 Likes

some mage numbers for you :wink:
Image 813
(dps is the number in brackets btw)

3 Likes

This is not indicative of end game mages.

Iā€™m looking for actual DPS, not newbie numbers. Git Gud, scrub

3 Likes

pssh

2 Likes

totally legit

1 Like

Planning on running numbers again soon, but with potions added. Commenting so the thread doesnā€™t die/close down while I do that.

3 Likes

All but 3 runs are complete. Data with potions coming soon. Basically just not letting this die like I did with my bard thread

6 Likes