Debugging Week: Ranger Weak Spots

Hey everyone, we’ve been aware of the frustrating class bugs that have stuck around and been a nuisance for Orbus - we’ve taken a stab at them in the past, but we’re trying some new strategies now and I wanted to be transparent about what we’re working on fixing in between content updates.

This week we’re trying to reliably reproduce the ranger weak spot issue which causes weak spots to sometimes not disappear, which then causes issues when other weak spots appear underneath them.
We’ll be doing a lot of testing on our own, both on the live servers and our Dev environment, so there isn’t necessarily anything you’ll need to do. At times, we may need to organize a group if these issues only happen in a party, so we might ask around for volunteers.

However, if you’re looking to provide help, the more we can narrow how to reproduce it, the easier it is to fix. Are you able to get this to happen on training dummies, or only on real monsters? Have you seen this issue happen in overworld zones with few pr no other players? How quickly have you managed to get this to occur?

Thanks, and we’ll keep you updated.

7 Likes

Regarding this:

It happens on all enemies for me.

I see this issue anywhere.

It can either occur 3 times in a row in a fight immediately or not happen all raid.

Update: We found a possible cause for the issue and hope to have a fix in Monday, and it shouldn’t require a server restart. We’ll definitely be looking for early feedback once the patch is in to confirm if that fixed it completely.

3 Likes

Change of plans, the update is out now:

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.